Search similar:

uniqs

train wreck
join:2002-01-26
Scarborough, ON

train wreck to alex69s

to alex69s

Re: Advice On Rogers

There are a few areas that are docsis 1.1 compliant. My friend got an Ericsson Piperider modem when he signed up to Rogers a few weeks ago, and I know of a few other people who have docsis modems as well.

skillton
join:2000-09-14
Scarborough, ON

skillton to travisc

to travisc
said by travisc:
It'll be years before Rogers goes to 2.0 or even 1.1. They've still got most areas that aren't DOCSIS compliant. No sense going to a higher standard until everything else is up to spec.
actually most areas are already either compliant or in the process of beeing upgraded to be docsis 1.1 compliant
docsis 2.0 is still in testing i think
my area is going to be docsis compliant in june

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

I'd heard they were skipping DOCSIS 1.* compliance for the network parts and going straight to 2 but that doesn't mean they'll be installing DOCSIS comaptible modems to replace the ultracheap TeraPro's that are still being installed all over the place.

paddler64
join:2002-05-07
Nirvana

paddler64 to alex69s

to alex69s
Not sure what Richmond Hill is like but I would go toThe Residential Broadband Users Association There are recommended tweaks there...I have found they work reasonably well.
said by alex69s:
Hey, im new here. I just ordered rogers, and i used to be with sympatico, but i had many problems, and was very frusterated so i switched over. My package is coming friay, and i would like to know if there are any tweak settings that i should consider when i have rogers. Also, I live in Richmond Hill. If anybody lives there, can they give me their opinion on speeds?
Thanks a lot
al
[text was edited by author 2002-05-22 18:53:06]