spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

poweruhs

join:2002-05-03

How to get a docsis modem?

I have a really old cybersurf motorola modem (beige in colour, not even the dark gray one).
»www.speedcorp.net/modems/cybersurf.jpg

Anyways, i've heard wonderful things about this docsis modem and my speeds here in markham are terrible so i was wondering if anybody knows if my area is docsis compliant and how can i get this new modem to improve my 600kbps speeds.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13

Nothing short of a stinger missile through your phub forcing Rogers to rebuild the area is going to get you better speeds. There are just too many people on each node there.

skillton

join:2000-09-14
Scarborough, ON
reply to poweruhs

if ur area is docsis compliant just break ur modem...

Clipper

join:2002-05-23
Stoney Creek, ON
reply to poweruhs

most area's are docsis compliant, but a new modem won't help speeds. a friend of mine's got an old LANcity modem (as far as I know, not docsis) and gets great speeds on rogers in newmarket. It depends on Node, and considering Markham is a above middle class area, alot of people have rogers cable, and quite frankly, rogers cable in toronto and most of the GTA is generally bad for congestion

rAfChOw
Premium
join:2001-03-19
Toronto, ON

said by Clipper:
It depends on Node, and considering Markham is a above middle class area, alot of people have rogers cable, and quite frankly, rogers cable in toronto and most of the GTA is generally bad for congestion
It's great living in the ghetto!

skillton

join:2000-09-14
Scarborough, ON
reply to poweruhs

lol
it sux livin in chinatown scarborough :/ i aint even azn :/