Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

Rogers HS Internet & Digital Cable Promotion

Hi. I just saw a commercial on TV that said if you already subscribe to Rogers High Speed Internet, you can get Digital Cable for as little as $16 per month. Has anyone got any info on what this deal actually includes? I can't find anything on Rogers site, they only have bundles for $79.99 and $99.99. Also I wonder if I can use my own Digital Terminal, which I have and not have to pay the rental fee for one. Something seems fishy about this deal.
--
Go Leafs Go! Die Sens Die! -- Already Dead!

travisc

join:2001-11-09
Uxbridge, ON
You've got your own Scientific Atlanta terminal? How'd you manage that?

The bundles are what they're talking about with the digital cable for $16/mo. They're basically saying if you get full analog for $40ish, internet for $45, then add $15 for digital or so to get to $100. At $99, you can get all the digital specialties, or 10 digital specialties and the movies package. There's another package that includes an ethnic channel, too.

elusion
Premium
join:2001-10-25
Scarborough, ON
reply to HiVolt
I am guessing he has his own terminal because, he must have had Digital cable with shaw, and shaw sold them out, when they were leaving, just to give rogers some *ish*. I am guessing he can have the channels, without paying the $8.95 rental fee, just by telling them you had purchased a terminal before, and it is fully functional, and compatible. The bundles, well you have to look at them on the site, to see which one you would like, I personally prefer Bundle 1, that is what I have at the present moment. The deal is not fish at all, it is $99.99 with rogers hi speed internet, and 79.99 with rogers hi speed internet LITE. It actually might save you some money, you get alot of variety, Timeshifting comes in really handy when you have missed a show.
lol, sorry I sound like I am advertising for them, just telling you the facts that's all. So since you already have a digital terminal, you are only going to pay $99.99 plus tax, unlike some other people, namely me, I have to pay the 8.95 rental charge.
--
-In the game of broadband, sometimes you win some, sometimes you loose some-

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
I have my own terminal because I had pirated digital cable for over a year. but it stopped working now, and I cant get a hold of the cable guy that programmed the box for me. other than that its not a modded box, just a regular one. I'll just say to rogers i bought it at the flea market or on ebay. As for the price, i pay for basic cable which is like $21, internet which is $44.95, so I wonder what i would actually get for the $16 extra...
--
Go Leafs Go! Die Sens Die! -- Already Dead!

travisc

join:2001-11-09
Uxbridge, ON
reply to HiVolt
If you're just paying for basic, you're going to have to pay for full cable to get a bundle.

You might have trouble getting the box authorized - initially when I came across one they wouldn't do it for me. Took getting a VP involved to get me to the right people to do it.

elusion
Premium
join:2001-10-25
Scarborough, ON
reply to HiVolt
you should just tell them you bought it, when in the switch, from shaw to rogers. You bought it from shaw.
--
-In the game of broadband, sometimes you win some, sometimes you loose some-

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
reply to HiVolt
or get DSL from Bell and ExpressVu Satellite TV..hehe
--
Better. Faster. First.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
said by dirtyjeffer:
or get DSL from Bell and ExpressVu Satellite TV..hehe

Hahaha... I'm not that crazy.
--
Thanks Leafs for a great season & playoffs.

corster
Premium
join:2002-02-23
Gatineau, QC
reply to HiVolt
Good Point.
Get ExpressVU tv, but DONT touch Sympatico HSE!
I'm on Sympatico Dial Up, and I heard some idiot in B.C. (CSR) was telling Dial Up users there were caps!
--
Thanks for a Great Season Leafs!Go Avalanches Go!