uniqs
share rss forum feed

DeeC
Premium
join:2000-09-01
the world
kudos:1

Centropy going INTERNAL.....

Rumors have it that Centropy is going INTERNAL on all future releases...(according to .nfo on their latest INTERNAL release)..

Not able to confirm yet (not at home), but if so, not good news for the public. As for scene ppl, it will make CTP's releases harder to obtain, but not impossible. Now, more doors have been shut/closed in the distro chain. There is some discussion about it on other message boards, but curious to your thoughts here?
--
If you have to ask what EFNET is, you don't need broadband

callipygian2

join:2001-01-30
Albuquerque, NM

For us noobs, what, exactly, does "going internal" mean?

DeeC
Premium
the world

said by callipygian:
For us noobs, what, exactly, does "going internal" mean?
the material they release will be for their group only, and not outside distribution...

layman's terms, "if you don't know someone real well further up in the chain, you're not getting it".... It won't be on the norm ftp/fxp dumps, and definitely more work to obtain...
--

removed
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-08
Houston, TX
kudos:40
reply to DeeC

Jeez.. And I was about to get access to some dumps today!

nynjspeed

join:2001-09-10
Howell, NJ
reply to DeeC

Ahh....

Well, I have faith that someone else will come along and upload them all over the place...
--
OOL @ 8200/950

shawnbttu

join:2002-02-20
Arlington, TX
reply to DeeC

hehhe..actually "internal" releases arent that big of a deal at all. All the topsites i know off have access to the internals as well as the usuals. So it isnt that big a deal at all
--
Washington Post: A couple who was celebrating their 90th wedding anniversary died of shock today at the beginning of a surprise party.

DeeC
Premium
the world

said by shawnbttu:
hehhe..actually "internal" releases arent that big of a deal at all. All the topsites i know off have access to the internals as well as the usuals. So it isnt that big a deal at all

not that big of deal for you, and maybe a few others, but not everyone has access to topsite (you know that).... later.
--

DeeC
Premium
the world

reply to shawnbttu

said by shawnbttu:

Btw, I assume you have the Undercover.Brother INTERNAL already?
[text was edited by moderator]

RoadRunnerRules3

join:2001-06-27
Ps2 Land
reply to DeeC

For you guys that have topsite access... I got one question. Care to have a new friend ?

DeeC
Premium
the world

said by RoadRunnerRules:
For you guys that have topsite access... I got one question. Care to have a new friend ?
LOL I get that a lot
--

DeeC
Premium
the world
reply to DeeC

Contrary to what is posted, it is not going to be easy to get CTP INTERNALs , even with topsite access.

I just got home, and CTP only pre'd sample and .nfo file (for Undercover Brother)...

Topsite(s), at least those I frequent don't have it yet, and they do carry INTERNALS...
--

Crock

join:2001-03-20
de556he
reply to DeeC

who cares!

I would rather wait for the DVD rip, and watch it in quality!!

DeeC
Premium
the world

said by Crock:
who cares!

I would rather wait for the DVD rip, and watch it in quality!!
Ok.... I have noticed that some people who say that don't have access to or have never seen the latest TS SVCD rips.

Enjoy your DVDrip in 3-6 months! laterz....
--

DeeC
Premium
the world
reply to DeeC

well, so much for that.... guess what leaked?

ironwalker
World Renowned
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-31
Keansburg, NJ
reply to DeeC

im waiting for it to mysteriously appear on my system:D
--
"LIVE FREE OR DIE"www.Theforumz.com

DeeC
Premium
the world

said by ironwalker:

I'll tell ya this, CTP wasn't f*cking around when they said INTERNAL! Though Undercover.Brother.SVCD-TS.Centropy released yesterday , CTP only pre'd sample and .nfo for everyone else.

There were people that were bragging (in this thread) about getting INTERNALS so easy, but they never came back to answer if they had obtained CTP UCB SVCD when it released yesterday? [I bet not - stop believing everything you read people].. Considering all the currys that were scampering yesterday to find it - that RLS wasn't even on CTP affils.

It did leak today tho...oops....

EDIT: Typos.
[text was edited by author 2002-06-01 21:25:09]

Ryokincaid
Dread Pirate Roberts
Premium,ExMod 2001-04
join:2000-08-28
Bellflower, CA

said by deecadams:

I'd almost welcome the typos, after all that shorthand
--
'Whatdya mean "Oops"?'

DeeC
Premium
the world

said by Ryokincaid:
said by deecadams:

I'd almost welcome the typos, after all that shorthand

Hehehe ....LOL
--

shawnbttu

Arlington, TX
reply to DeeC

Lol..you gotta be kidding me right? I cant imagine anyone being insecure enough to come to a frikking forum and bragging about elite access to validate his pathetic existence. As far at Undercover Brother is concerned, CTP pred the sample yesterday to my site yesterday and the entire thing today/ Dont come here and accuse of ppl of being liars man. That aint cool. Frankly i dont care but i dont think its fair to ppl who actually do have elite access to be labelled as liars. Just a thought
--
Washington Post: A couple who was celebrating their 90th wedding anniversary died of shock today at the beginning of a surprise party.

DeeC
Premium
the world

said by shawnbttu:
Lol..you gotta be kidding me right? I cant imagine anyone being insecure enough to come to a frikking forum and bragging about elite access to validate his pathetic existence. As far at Undercover Brother is concerned, CTP pred the sample yesterday to my site yesterday and the entire thing today/ Dont come here and accuse of ppl of being liars man. That aint cool. Frankly i dont care but i dont think its fair to ppl who actually do have elite access to be labelled as liars. Just a thought

Actually, the original post was intended to discuss the affect of CTP going internal. No one bragged about getting INTERNALS until your post saying how EASY it was (congrats to your buddies for voting you up!). In actuality, CTP pre'd sample and nfo on FRIDAY (to everyones' site but yours, I guess), and most sites got the leak (full movie) yesterday, not today (to clarify). So, you were the one bragging on friday that it would so easy, yet it is full two days later before you got it, and one day behind most other sites.

And again, the TOPIC was not about l337 , but about the affect of CTP going internal - you went down the bragging path of how easy internals are to get in YOUR reply. You said it was easy, I said it was not easy, so who is the one bragging? Too bad some people can't see the difference (again congrats on your votes for hostility & bragging - kudos!).

Btw, did you get the Sum.Of.All.Fears Internal also?? Let me know in 2 days again - thanks for l337 contribution..

now, maybe we can go back to discussing the topic.

[text was edited by author 2002-06-02 20:11:51]

shawnbttu

Arlington, TX

Omg Omg...If only i could be a little bit more elite so i could get movies a day before I usually get them. Good Lord, how will I tell my parents? mom, dad i'm sorry.

This is gonna be a flame war, i can almost feel it, so i'll take the high road and bow down to your eliteship. You rule all, you will cure cancer and bring end to world hunger. I bow down to L33tness
--

DeeC
Premium
the world

now, back to the topic , I hope.......

Anyone else, care to share your thoughts or experience with INTERNALS? Remember , to get up votes, you must brag about how easy it is, j/k!!!! lol ..no, seriously - anyone else have problems? no problems? Just curious as to what is going on with others.... thx.
--

ironwalker
World Renowned
Premium,MVM
Keansburg, NJ
reply to ironwalker

said by ironwalker:

and here it is,woke this morning to a few surprises:)

"06.01.02-Undercover.Brother.SVCD.TS-CENTROPY/"
--
"LIVE FREE OR DIE"www.Theforumz.com

ironwalker
World Renowned
Premium,MVM
Keansburg, NJ

reply to DeeC

btw,dee,i for one dont mind the talk of what ya got etc how fast,first one...bla bla.................it keeps me updated on what other channels are doing and how fast channels are getting stuff while others might be slower...mainly my channel.If we can get some info like this from all channels it might be a good thing.

I for one am still not quite up there yet so im just not seeing what my channel has out.i am done with fserv's though...thank god!:)
--
"LIVE FREE OR DIE"

www.Theforumz.com

[text was edited by author 2002-06-03 11:32:21]

DeeC
Premium
the world

Hi ironwalker,

Thx Glad you don't mind the banter - it is intended for information purposes , not boasting or anything else. I, for one, also like to know when a release is being pre'd, nuked, internal or not, problems with it, quality, etc. It is all good information and can save others the time and effort looking for something (that's been nuked or internal) or even downloading something not worth it. We should be sharing info.... I hope we continue
--

dumwaldo
Premium
join:2001-03-12
reply to DeeC

internal means very little to people outside the topsite scene.

the day after release i spotted this release in several IRC rooms.

today, a mere 2 days after release this "hard to get" internal is being posted on usenet.

seems like everything outside the scene went right on schedule just like it always does. i guess internal only effects those higher up the connection ladder.

BTW
let us all remember this claim of going "internal" is coming from the same group of people that stated very emphatically they would not release SW EP2 then a week later did exactly what they claimed they wouldnt do.

i am sort of reminded of a small child trying to get attention when i look at the recent antics of centropy.

i dont mean to offend anyone by saying this this topic seems to just keep dragging on when the reality of life outside the "scene" is nothing was different with this release. just wanted to add my $0.02
--
peace out,dumwaldo - give a man a fish he will eat for a day, teach him how to fish he will eat forever

removed
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-08
Houston, TX
kudos:40

Hey, I don't care if it is a little delayed. The fact of the matter is that I don't have to go pay $70 like a sucker to go wait in line to see a movie.

oWn3d

DeeC
Premium
the world

reply to dumwaldo

Actually, that is incorrect (from my experience). The release of UCB was very "different" than what normally happens in or outside the scene; You can't change one without affecting the other, period.

1. CTP pre'd only the sample and .nfo on 5-31-02, which is a FIRST.
2. No one, and I mean no one (and I know a lot of people) could find the UCB INTERNAL anywhere, not even on CTP affils or topsites - another first.
3. It wasn't until 6-01-02 that it started to show up on some ftp sites, and I guess IRC, according to you.
4. It then filtered down to other ftp sites, newsgroups, etc, but seemingly still missed sharereactor and a number of P2P programs (according to posts here) - definitely outside the scene.

This is not things as usual......

Btw, you haven't seen Sum.Of.All.Fears.INTERNAL.SVCD.TS-Centropy , have you? Been out about two days, but didn't leak as badly as UCB. Also, #Centropy channel has been opless and topic virtually deleted, FYI (if you hadn't noticed).

Again, I'm speaking from my experience....which seems to be different (not bad or good) than yours.

EDIT: Typos and clarification.

[text was edited by author 2002-06-03 21:23:55]

Empath3

join:2000-08-22
reply to DeeC

I think it sucks that they're going internal,they're my favorite movie group.

Thee One
Theeone. What? Ain'T No More To It.

join:2000-09-27
Chicago, IL
reply to DeeC

What's a topsite?