spc
uniqs

shawnbttu
join:2002-02-20
Arlington, TX

shawnbttu to DeeC

to DeeC

Re: Centropy going INTERNAL.....

hehhe..actually "internal" releases arent that big of a deal at all. All the topsites i know off have access to the internals as well as the usuals. So it isnt that big a deal at all

DeeC
Premium Member
join:2000-09-01
the world

DeeC

Premium Member

said by shawnbttu:
hehhe..actually "internal" releases arent that big of a deal at all. All the topsites i know off have access to the internals as well as the usuals. So it isnt that big a deal at all

not that big of deal for you, and maybe a few others, but not everyone has access to topsite (you know that).... later.
DeeC

DeeC to shawnbttu

Premium Member

to shawnbttu
said by shawnbttu:

Btw, I assume you have the Undercover.Brother INTERNAL already?
[text was edited by moderator]

Joydrop
A Witty Saying Proves Nothing. -Voltaire
join:2001-07-19
Milliways

Joydrop to shawnbttu

to shawnbttu
said by shawnbttu:

edit: snipped, I'll stay out of this one as my main interest isn't in theatricals and I can't "brag" about sueper-l33t k-rad top-secret for eyes only access.

If a multi-million dollar productions can leak, so can a Centropy release, whatever the filename says. After all, what's tje point? An internal release implies "by us for us" and from my experience is usually done either when a group is testing a departure from their usual encoding methods, because of an in-group request, or another valid reason.

Bragging rights that I had some file 24 hours before you did is simply immature.

And Deeca even though telesyncs have improved tremendously, a film like Star Wars, unless in LOTR-CEN quality does deserve a trip to the theathre. If only for the audio experience alone.

Watching a Starwars film in even the highest quality telesync form is just... blasphemous

Again I don't want to step into a leeter-than-thou argument in progress. Please carry on

~Anne

[text was edited by author 2002-06-05 01:48:43]

DeeC
Premium Member
join:2000-09-01
the world

DeeC

Premium Member

Joy, joy....

We were just having fun..... No bragging, just some minor correcting on when stuff was officially pre'd; There is a difference, lol ...welcome back..

EDIT: BTW, I paid to see StarWars Ep2 like everyone else - Never assume

[text was edited by author 2002-06-05 05:38:07]

Joydrop
Milliways

Joydrop

Hi there, Dee thanks and thanks for your WB in the other thread! I know it's all in good fun- Much like Ironwalker, I also love your posts!

Just two quick points -

Let's put aside the moral and legal questions for the sake of argument and focus on reality as it is today.

While Hollywood keeps mucking about with the latest and greatest video on demand scheme for years , people all over the world have been, are and will continue to make it happen daily. You all can walk down the streets of Hong Kong, Singapore or Korea right now and buy an entire movie library for the cost of a handful of DVDs. Well maybe not Korea because of the World Cup

God bless CVCD aka SVCD aka Chinese VCD I know I'll probably get flamed for this

If I was at helm of a group like Centropy, who are legendary and focus on quality (which I admire, being a quality freak), and I thought that the security of the group was in jeopardy or that we needed to disappear from the radar or at provide a smaller target for the big guns to shoot at, I'd do it in a second.

And many thumbs up to Dee Dee, 50 and 100? I can't believe it! My illusion is forever shattered

I go through CDs like candy because I'm interested in compiling complete runs of a handful of scifi shows. Well, more than a handful!, but who's counting. What matters to me is why after four years of Charmed I still can't buy the DVDs, or why it took 7 years before X-Files DVDs started to become available, and even though the show has finished it's tremendous 9 year run, I STILL can't buy the last 4 seasons and doubt that I will for a while to come.

Doling out a season of a show every few years doesn't cut it for addicts

End rant

Cheers! (Again hiho's to Dee!)
~Anne
[edit: one minor typo- my grammar sucks]

[text was edited by author 2002-06-05 17:17:59]

storm64007
Premium Member
join:2001-05-21
Freeport, NY

storm64007

Premium Member

HALF those films are pure crap. Not the quality...but those films are crap. Imsonia is good...BUT most u listed is an insult on intelligence. Thank god we he have the technonoly to check them out before spending our hard earned money...

dumwaldo
Premium Member
join:2001-03-12

dumwaldo to Joydrop

Premium Member

to Joydrop
quote:
[i]said by Joydrop[i]
God bless CVCD aka SVCD aka Chinese VCD I know I'll probably get flamed for this
please do not consider this any kind of flame. i just want to clear up some technical inaccuracies here.

CVCD is not the same thing as SVCD nor is it a chinese format.

CVCD is essentially a variable bitrate VCD that uses mpeg-1 files at standard VCD resolution.

SVCD uses mpeg-2 files at a higher resolution with support for DAR flags.

and CVCD started as spanish format. a search of this forum at »www.vcdhelp.com/forum/index.php can offer a great deal of information about the CVCD "format".

the purpose of CVCD is to fit more than standard capacity onto a VCD but still maintain standard VCD compliance (ie. not making it XVCD by just lowering the bitrate). a corectly made CVCD should be able to fit as much as 120 minutes on an 80 minute CD and still play in a DVD player even if the player does not support XVCD.

Joydrop
Milliways

Joydrop

Dumwaldo,

Thanks for clearing things up. It's been a while since I did much reading on the history of the formats aa I've been cramming for finals (thank goodness they're finally comfortably in the past).

You did bring up many valid points and I appologize for my inaccurate message. I try to verify information before posting it, and I guess this time I went by memory, which was completely off.

You're absolutely right, I went back and did some reading.

Once again, thank you, very good post
~Anne