spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Shocker

@sympatico.ca

Rogers in Collingwood

I was wondering if anyone in the Collingwood area could tell me how well Rogers@Home works up there, I recently purchased a house and have Rogers ready to go when I move in.

Thanks for your input in Advance.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2

Check with Rogers to confirm that high speed internet is available in Collingwood. It has not been available in Collingwood, Meaford, Owen Sound and Midland areas until Rogers can complete a fibre link out of Barrie. hey are working on the last links this summer. They are saying they will be offering high speed internet by the fall.
--
Bell HSE user by default...

Shocker

@sympatico.ca
reply to Shocker

ya, the install is already set up for June 24th, Currently Collingwood (my area I guess) has @home access & Sympatico (which I currently use), Wasaga Beach is still without either in the west end.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
Owen Sound, ON

said by Shocker:
ya, the install is already set up for June 24th, Currently Collingwood (my area I guess) has @home access & Sympatico (which I currently use), Wasaga Beach is still without either in the west end.
I doubt you have @home access. They died 6 months ago...

Wasaga Beach does have Sympatcio Higfh Speed, according to the chart. Possibly not all exchanges.
--

Shocker

@sympatico.ca
reply to Shocker

Sorry, not @Home, old habit

My Rogers install date is June 26th.

Just wondered what kind of consistency I can expect from it.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
Owen Sound, ON

Since Rogers internet is new to the area, I suspect you will have reasonably good speed. Sympatico and BMTS have had the dialup market and high speed market cornered for 18 months. And you will probably have Rogers newest setup.
--

GP_RZ$

join:2002-01-22
canada
reply to Shocker

Well they Have rogers high speed in creemore, not shure about the speeds but it is available there!!!!!!!

devilsdream

@cpe.net.cable.rogers

I switched from Sympatico to Rogers last week in Collingwood

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
Owen Sound, ON

said by devilsdream:
I switched from Sympatico to Rogers last week in Collingwood
Interesting. Their trucks have been very much in evidence this week in Owen Sound. What kind of speeds are you getting in Collingwood?
--

devilsdream

@cpe.net.cable.rogers

After some tweaking, see anywhere from 150-300 download and around 25-30 upload.

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
reply to Shocker

kilobytes per second, i am assuming?
--
Better. Faster. First.