All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Daring2Dream
join:2002-06-04

Daring2Dream

Error 691: Invalid username and/or password

I'm running Windows XP Pro and have PacBell's SBCGlobal DSL. It connects via PPOE and a SpeedStream 5360 DSL modem.

Last night it was fine; this morning, I tried to log-on and got:

Error 691: Access denied because the username and/or password was invalid on the domain.

The password is valid, as confirmed by PacBell and none of our usernames work. Their helpdesk is stumped.

If anyone knows of a solution, please respond before I hurl this thing out the window, lol.

Bob Carrick

join:2000-04-24
New York, NY

Bob Carrick

Just for the heck of it, have you tried your userid including the domain of your provider. For example userid@verizon.net if you where a Verizon customer.
Daring2Dream

Daring2Dream

Yep, I tried it with it and without it...still the same.

Michelle

EvilAjax
join:2001-04-05
New York, NY

EvilAjax

What PPPoE client are you using? Have you tried RASPPPoE by any chance?

Try this, uninstall then reinstall your current PPPoE software. See if that works. Passwords are usually case sensitive, make sure you're typing it correctly. Don't do it too fast, you might be double typing a letter or something.

You should also tell your ISP to change your password and/or username. I think it's the PPPoE software causing the conflict, I could be wrong.
Daring2Dream

Daring2Dream

I'm using the Windows XP built in client and the passwords were stored from prior use, so I know it's not an actual incorrect password...that'd be WAY too easy, lol.

I've used RASPPOE before with our prior DSL service, I'll try it and see if that works.

Thanks!

wayjac
MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy

wayjac to Daring2Dream

MVM

to Daring2Dream
I would pester Pacbell sounds like the radius has forgotten who you are, I've had this happen more than once.
Bee warez
join:2002-02-18
Montreal-Nord, QC

Bee warez to Daring2Dream

to Daring2Dream
Delete and recreate a new connectoid
OmegaFire9
join:2002-06-14
Saint Charles, MO

OmegaFire9 to Daring2Dream

to Daring2Dream
Call up the helpdesk and have them resave your account information. Sometimes the servers get incorrect information on your account and do not populate you into the servers correctly the first time. Sometimes they can even forget your account.
[text was edited by author 2002-06-20 09:16:02]
CCCMTech
Premium Member
join:2002-05-17
Baxter, KY

CCCMTech to Daring2Dream

Premium Member

to Daring2Dream
like wayjac said it would seem to be something on our side, SBC, with SBC. Actually more than likely its something with the LDAP information. If you moved, changed numbers, or made any type of change to your account through our EPC, then you may have 2 worksheets and need to merge, your service class might be wrong or maybe just LDAP in general is incorrect, with our merger with Yahoo a lot of LDAP info has been getting messed up. We actually have two LDAP servers now and they have to match all info. call us if your still having trouble and mention the above @ 877 722-3755, option 1, 1