uniqs

TheMatrix
join:2001-02-12
Canada

TheMatrix to Kabdel

to Kabdel

Re: Who here is now capped @ 1500/192?

Stuart:
Thanks for the info. Should have figured that you had already been down that road

Now to add to the bit cap debate; how does 30gb down per month with 1 - 2 gb up sound? That appears to be the latest rumor making the rounds.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

I would be very surprised to see that high a cap ... based on the speed capping, if implemented, I would expect 8/1 for regular service and maybe 12/2 for ultra service.

The only way I could forsee them implementing a cap like that (and that would be for ultra service) would be to make it an absolute cap ... download more than that, and you're turned off.
Osupreme
join:2002-06-04

Osupreme to TheMatrix

to TheMatrix
said by TheMatrix:
Stuart:
Thanks for the info. Should have figured that you had already been down that road

Now to add to the bit cap debate; how does 30gb down per month with 1 - 2 gb up sound? That appears to be the latest rumor making the rounds.
Well the download sounds alright, guess I could deal with that... but if they made the upload cap that low they should uncap the upload completely, or at least make its the same as download considering its so low.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

The upload on a cable system is the real performance killer ... so there is a real need to have the upload at least 4-5 time lower than the download ... although with the new lower speeds, progably 3-4 times would be OK ... so if the download was say 6, the upload would need to be about 1.5 to 2

Stuart
sbrook

sbrook

Mod

So much for the tech doing anything useful. He can't get at the net techs who set the caps. He just plays with the RF. The line specs aren't quite right, but not enough to cause this kind of problem.
f1sushi2
join:2002-05-30
Nepean, ON

f1sushi2 to Osupreme

to Osupreme
Just woke up this morning (Sat AM) and noticed I'm newly capped on my upload at 192k. Tried a few different speed tests - all confirm what look like a 192k cap. I'm in Ottawa. For now, I'll go along with it since I'm on the "half-price" plan for a few more months.

If this turns into a new permanent upload cap and bit caps go into effect, I'll likely switch over to the Lite Edition (or spend more time at work).