All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
hman1
join:2002-01-17
Canada

hman1

I always get Just a few re-transmissions seen !

How do I get this off my modem? Plus how come I see others with "sacks you sent: 0" and I always get like 20 something? What does sacks you sent mean? And how do I get the retransmission thing out of the way?

Thanks

my tweak test:
»monitor.dslreports.com/t ··· a=normal
hman1

hman1

Here is my line test

»/quali ··· l/782081

Can you help me fix it?

Runnin 2K, Rogers, LanCity Modem, and DR.TCP

skillton
join:2000-09-14
Scarborough, ON

skillton to hman1

to hman1
theres nothing to fix really... lan city modem are like 1995 technology... they will always get packet loss.. or maybe under very good conditions they wont... anyway be happy with ur 1st hop ping
hman1
Canada

hman1

Thanks Yo, I hate my shity LanCity crap. Its so bull. Gotta ask Rogers for a new one.

skillton
Scarborough, ON

skillton to hman1

to hman1
well if caps are implemented i dont think they can do it on ur modem... or atleast not for a while.. so i suggest u keep it
hman1
Canada

hman1

Thats probaly right Tupac. Well I still dislikeit? ISn't there something I can do? Anythin?

skillton
Scarborough, ON

skillton to hman1

to hman1
not really...
u can make sure ur cable isnt split anywhere... altho i dont think it will make a difference...
or u could call rogers and tell em ur modem keeps disconnecting...in the pat if u called rogers and told em ur lan city modem disconnects they'd come over and replace it with a terayon
what phub are u on... if ur phub is docsis compliant u'll be lucky enuff to get a docsis modem...
hman1
Canada

hman1

Hey Tupac...

What do u mean by phub?

skillton
Scarborough, ON

skillton to hman1

to hman1
the hub ur connected to
open dos... the type tracert rogers.com
u should see the 2nd adress in the traceroute says *.phub.net.cable.rogers.com ex: mtag.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
hman1
Canada

hman1

Well does this mean anything to you?

gw01.mtnk.phub.net.cable.rogers.com

??

Well I'm gonna complain like crazy to them? I'm going to get a new modem that is DOCSIS. Do u think that its a good idea? What modem do u suggest? I hear Ericsson is very good in downloading, etc. Do u agree?

skillton
Scarborough, ON

skillton to hman1

to hman1
ericsson or rca r just fine
i have the ericsson...
i dont know if mtnk has lan city modems
whats the 1st *.phub in the traceroute?
and i suggest waiting a while before u start askin for a docsis modem
lan city will be harder to cap @ 1500/192 like the're doin with other ppl... docsis would be the easiest altho i aint capped yet... and when caps come in it will be harder to monitor ur bandwidth for rogers
hman1
Canada

hman1

Sorry tupac, that is my first phub. And the second one is this:
gw02.wlfdle.phub.net.cable.rogers.com

And btw, do u like the ecrisson modem? How fast is it? Can u post a speedtest and a tweaktest? Please. The Ericsson looks kind of cheap, but if its fast, Id take it. The RCA one looks okay and the toshiba look the best.

Don't know anymore to say? Can u suggest anything?

Thank You
hman1

hman1

Hey Tupac, is the CAP thing a good thing? But im still pissed with my overall speeds. Just like today, I was dloading Acrobat Reader and it took like 9 minutes for a 8 meg file to dload. And it went dead slow at 15k and lower. Even went down to 7k. Im getting crazy!!
hman1

hman1

Is my line/area DOCSIS? Thanks
hman1

hman1

Oh yeah I forgot, they give me some shit RG-59U cable which looks like shit. And they gave me some black cheap Cat5 cable. I think its CAT 5. Well does it make a difference?

Thanks I forgot to make it one post.

YOUR THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN AND WILL HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skillton
Scarborough, ON

skillton to hman1

to hman1
well if ur speeds are that horible just call rogers and tell em ur modem keeps getting disconnected... just lie alot... ask em what modems are used in ur area now... tell em u had it for a long time and u think its goin bad...
as for speeds it doesnt really matter if its ericsson or rca...
i love the ericsson modems looks... i think the rca is ugly...
oh and the cap isnt a good thing
the speed caps mean ur max speed is cut from 3000kbps/384kbps to 1500/192 which is half
the bit caps mean u can only download & upload the ammount the're gonna set in 1 month...

[text was edited by author 2002-06-16 20:45:48]