how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

subconcept01

join:2002-06-13
Mississauga, ON

my speeds

2 weeks ago when rogers was doing a promo I got a call asking if i was interested. I was already looking for an isp due to the caps sympatcio is putting on this month so i decided to give rogers a chance because people have said its much faster. they said they would come and install it the next week and they did a i was connected in about 5 minutes after the guy left and i hooked up my router and all that stuff. It was running fast like 300 k/s down and 45 k/s upload. It was like that for like 3 days and then all of the sudden like this week, it will send a max od 21.8 k/s. Whats up with that, thats like lame sympatico speeds. Is there a cap or is my connection messed up or? what could be the problem

elusion
Premium
join:2001-10-25
Scarborough, ON

Seems like you are capped, doubt it, but that's what it seems, your upload is only going at 21.8? Which is 174 kilobits up, and the new cap is 192 kilobits.
I am not sure.

Kabdel

join:2002-02-07
Canada
reply to subconcept01

Do a few tests here: »nyc.speakeasy.net/
Post the results...

elusion
Premium
join:2001-10-25
Scarborough, ON
reply to subconcept01

Kabdel, it's not such a good idea to suggest nyc.speakeasy.net, they might give false reports.
Try www.tucows.com, and choose the look mirror when prompted subconcept101.

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
reply to subconcept01

i've downloaded game demo's from tucows using a look mirror...my modem runs flat out at 127 kB/sec from that site.
--
Better. Faster. First.

subconcept01

join:2002-06-13
Mississauga, ON
reply to subconcept01

Okay from that new york server i get: 1234 / 186

and from look server downloading i get 162 k/s

mau108
Mau
Premium
join:2001-10-07
Thornhill, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to subconcept01

subconcept, looks like your capped

I was getting awesome speeds couple days after hook up, but then the download slowly degraded to around 2200k bits(on a good day )
--
...:::M.A.U.1.0.8:::...