spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

devilsdream

@cpe.net.cable.rogers

router setup for rogers

I have a 3com home gateway and would like to network 2 computers. I have tried to configure it to use my static ip address, but it's a no go. Is there a specific way to configure a router to use rogers cable?

datac8
Rogerstech

join:2002-06-08
Toronto, ON

post the model # / info of your 3com router?

What kind of Rogers modem are you using?

dc.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to devilsdream

As far as I know, Rogers does not support the use of static IP anymore on their connections, I used to use one for a long time but it no longer worked and thats what I was told by Rogers Tech support. As for the settings, you should let the router get the IP automatically from the cablemodem thru DHCP, and enable the DHCP server in the router to provider local 192.168.x.x IP's to your 2 computers. That's really the easiest way and works 99% of the time.

If the router does not obtain an IP from the cablemodem, you might need to type in the MAC address of the network card you used Rogers with before into the router config somewhere, probably under a section called "Mac Address Clone" or something similar. Or hook up the modem directly to the network card, and release the IP, but not renew it, that should also work.
--
Thanks Leafs for a great season & playoffs.

skillton

join:2000-09-14
Scarborough, ON
reply to devilsdream

or just reset ur modem... and leave it off for like 5 min