spc
Search similar:

uniqs

skillton
join:2000-09-14
Scarborough, ON

skillton to hman1

to hman1

Re: Which Modems does Rogers Have and Which one...

mau thats super old and its for win95 and shit
a lan city modem doesnt have any firmware... or @ least none that i know of... anyway even if it does have firmware i'm pretty sure u cant change it in any way
lan city's LCPET-1,2 and 3 are very old modems... the're not like docsis modem or routers and stuff... the're "dumb" modems... and i'm pretty sure a firmware update wouldnt make a difference since the problem is clearly on rogers' end
u can try all u want but u wont get if to go significantly faster... this technology is some of the earliest cable modems... who knows... if ur signal aint good that will definately cause packet loss and lower speeds since the modem is more sensitive then a terayon or a docsis modem...
i can give u some tips on how to get rogers to give u a docsis modem
but 1st of all call tech support and make sure ur area is docsis compliant
hman1
join:2002-01-17
Canada

hman1

Tupac...Id love on some tips and pointers on getting Docsis modem but Im gonna call soon. So any suggestion?

skillton
Scarborough, ON

skillton to hman1

to hman1
check ur instant msg's on the site
there should be a flashing yellow thing like there is on icq in the upper right corner of the site

datac8
Rogerstech
join:2002-06-08
Toronto, ON

datac8 to rogerstech9

to rogerstech9
hey well if you want my two cents:

first of all, rogerstech's information is incorrect/out of date, the vast majority of the primary hubs in ontario that i've come across are docsis compliant now and they can run in parallel to legacy technology such as lancity.

there are ways to convince rogers to swap your modem if you it looks like you have legitimate concern regarding speeds. Lancity/motorola/terayon/ etc can share the same headend.

dc.
[text was edited by author 2002-06-21 07:07:14]
hman1
Canada

hman1

What are u talking about Tupac. The yellow Plane symbol? Thats a moderator, I think.

skillton
Scarborough, ON

skillton to hman1

to hman1
oops upper left corner... lol mah bad
there should be a yellow flashing thing next to the broadband reports banner it click and and you should see the message
hman1
Canada

hman1

Is it that instant message thingy? What do I do?
hman1

hman1

TUPAC...there is no meaage in there...maybe you can send it again...our do I send u a message? Never used it before..

Thanks