All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
f1sushi2
join:2002-05-30
Nepean, ON

f1sushi2 to tymex

to tymex

Re: More on the new 1500/192kbps reality...

The second link is priceless! Regardless of the mechanism between @home and Rogers, the customer is left with higher prices (acceptable given the current reality), and half the bandwidth (not acceptable + cloak and dagger approach to customer relations).

It's clearly in Rogers' best interest not to disseminate the half-bandwidth measure and let it filter out to the masses slowly. We'll see if they let customers in on this new "feature" or maintain the cloak and dagger posture...

Interesting to note that my neighbor's DSL connection is now faster in both directions at any given time.

tymex
join:2002-06-10
canada

tymex

said by F1Sushi:
The second link is priceless! Regardless of the mechanism between @home and Rogers, the customer is left with higher prices (acceptable given the current reality), and half the bandwidth (not acceptable + cloak and dagger approach to customer relations).
I should have added a disclaimer, I do not imply there is any relation between the gentleman's personal 30-40 million dollars loss and Rogers recent cost cutting measures.

What I wanted to say is we don't know whether this is driven by economics or incompetence or a bit of both. The gentleman's judgement of @home's value is a example of the latter.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

2002-06-17 22:32:13 Speed test (nyc.speakeasy.net) 2242/371 kbps

still not capped here.... wonder when they'll actually hit my area.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

"They're coming to take my speed away Ha! Ha!"

After a week, I'm still going way slow on the download.

It's a good moment right now, most high school kids are studying for final exams tomorrow! 609k/180k on a 1.5M/192K line. Last night this time it was about 300/160!

Rogers have raised a ticket for all its worth.