dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

elva lover
join:2002-05-08

elva lover

Re: need help!!!

okie.. i just talked to a tech and he wouldn't let me send him my dslreports speed tests he told me to use the toast.net ones. for some reason the toast.net ones give faster results? the result @ tost.net was about 912kbit down (no up) and i argued it's not a valid test because the file was so small (400k) and that 1 result can't proove much. also, it's not even close to the new 1500kbit d/l but he said it's over 100kbyte d/l so it's all good. i told him about how my first hops (tracert) r like.. 300ms and he's like that's still good.. wtf? he told me to do ping results and my average pings were over 100-200 and he said they are acceptable! he then talked to a supervisor (or so he said) and he said i wasn't eligable for any kind of credit for discount because there seems to be nothing wrong with my connection (at that moment) and even tho i'm gettin less than 56k upload speeds, there are no guarantees. wtf? also, it seems that while i was talking to that guy my speeds were ever so slightly higher than before or even now because i just did everything he told me to do again, and i get crappier results again???? wtf!

Exit

join:2001-04-10
Canada

Exit

said by elva lover:
okie.. i just talked to a tech and he wouldn't let me send him my dslreports speed tests he told me to use the toast.net ones. for some reason the toast.net ones give faster results? the result @ tost.net was about 912kbit down (no up) and i argued it's not a valid test because the file was so small (400k) and that 1 result can't proove much. also, it's not even close to the new 1500kbit d/l but he said it's over 100kbyte d/l so it's all good. i told him about how my first hops (tracert) r like.. 300ms and he's like that's still good.. wtf? he told me to do ping results and my average pings were over 100-200 and he said they are acceptable! he then talked to a supervisor (or so he said) and he said i wasn't eligable for any kind of credit for discount because there seems to be nothing wrong with my connection (at that moment) and even tho i'm gettin less than 56k upload speeds, there are no guarantees. wtf? also, it seems that while i was talking to that guy my speeds were ever so slightly higher than before or even now because i just did everything he told me to do again, and i get crappier results again???? wtf!
Ok well that tech was playing your for a fool. They think that the people calling them know jack in most cases. You have to flat out tell them to shut up and listen to you. Then tell them to take a look at the problem and not give you any crap. Remember you pay their check. 300ms to your first hop is BS. Actually 300ms to any hop is BS. And your speeds are no where near high speed.

Call back until they do something. Then call again and again

Steve