uniqs
share rss forum feed

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:12
reply to HiVolt

Re: Got hit by the 1.5/192 cap during the day...

The CMTS is in the head end.

The TeraPro isn't big old ugly or black ... it's a sleek slim tear drop shaped blue modem.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

My Terayon is big old ugly and black. Its the first model, TCM100 I believe, and the tear drop is TCM200. I got Shaw in 1998, heh... They didnt have the nice ones then. Dont get me wrong, I used to get 10mbit down and 1mbit up with this old thing, back when Shaw was here!
--
Thanks Leafs for a great season & playoffs.

[text was edited by author 2002-06-25 11:35:58]

rAfChOw
Premium
join:2001-03-19
Toronto, ON

That's the same one as I have. I used to have the shark fin one and a tech replaced it with this one. It helped my speeds back then, now my speeds are $h!t again.

elusion
Premium
join:2001-10-25
Scarborough, ON
reply to HiVolt

Same problem as rafhow, except my speeds now have dropped amazingly low, anyways a tech is coming to my house tommorow, I hope I get a modem exchange, preferably a dociss, since my area is compatible.
--
In the game of Broadband, you always loose when you go the Rogers route.I'm not Canadian :P

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

I should find out if my area is DOCSIS compliant, and maybe put my old modem out of its misery... heheh
--

Ir0nLung

join:2002-06-21
canada

i want to get my modem replaced, but what do i tell them? the only problem with it is as of 2 days ago the speeds are dropping by 40k and they wont go up and the cable output is burnt for some reason, thats how it came in the box...

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

Break it. Fry it. Dump it in water while its on. Think of something. hahaha.
--