uniqs
share rss forum feed

skillton

join:2000-09-14
Scarborough, ON

E-mail from rogers hahaha

Welcome to a whole new world of Hi-Speed living,
**************!
With Rogers Hi-Speed Internet, you can now enjoy all the web has to offer - CD quality music, smooth digital video, rich media and more - at lightening fast speeds. There's so much to do and explore - we think you'll love it!
But first, why not get started by letting your friends and family know your new Hi-Speed e-mail address? It's easy. Simply click e-mail a friend and follow the instructions.
Then, to help you get the most out of your Hi-Speed service, check out the helpful links to your right, like the Rogers Hi-Speed start page. Here's where you'll find everything you could want in news, sports, information and more - even a search engine - all on one handy page.
We'll also keep you in the loop about the latest online features and special events in our e-newsletter - it's full of good stuff!

they forgot to mention the upcoming 1/2 speed cuts and the bit caps.. and notice how they talk about the rich media... cd quality music and all that... rogers is just a corporate 2faced company that doesnt really care about their customers as long as they pay their bills... but then again what big company isnt
they also sent me a link for a survey which is apparently a contest too
»www.rogers-survey.com/rulesregs/···502.html
in a different email which i didnt bother taking
ABOUT THE SURVEY:
The survey is comprised of short answer, yes/no, multiple select and 1-10
rating questions that typically takes about 15-20 minutes to complete.
ok i'm going to waste 15 minutes writing ur stupid survey ur smart...
once the caps kick in i'll probably switch to a good dsl isp with 3mpbs+/500kbps+ service...
this is just another post to show ppl what kind of company rogers is altho i'm pretty sure most people in this forum know already
oh and i wonder if they include a rogers ad in the let ur friends know ur new email adress... oh i think i'm gonna send my friends allover the world some spam from rogers.com
i'm sure they'll be impressed of what a good isp it is... not

edit(my reply): I do not apreciate unsolicited mail. I could care less about Life @ Hi-Speed. And don't tell me about all the rich media content. My Internet Service will have bitcaps soon which means i'll be doing alot less Surfing and viewing rich media and most of the things you mention in this e-mail. Rogers is also throtling down the speeds of the service to 1500/192 which is half the current speeds. So my life @ "Hi-Speed" will just get a little slower. A lot of people I've spoken to have already been throttled without a notice over night. I will be leaving Rogers Hi-Speed and Rogers Cable TV within the next few months depending on how soon my speeds are throttled and when the bit caps are going to be implemented.
[text was edited by author 2002-06-20 02:54:32]

tomveil2002

join:2002-06-17
Toronto, ON

I have sent a few such emails to Rogers in the last week. I get the auto response that my email is in queue and will be answered within 24 hours.......but never is.
Customer service is top notch.

OLDb34tBoX
Premium
join:2001-03-07
reply to skillton

said by Rogers=skillton:
With Rogers Hi-Speed Internet, you can now enjoy all the web has to offer - CD quality music, smooth digital video, rich media and more - at lightening fast speeds. There's so much to do and explore - we think you'll love it!
But first, why not get started by letting your friends and family know your new Hi-Speed e-mail address? It's easy. Simply click e-mail a friend and follow the instructions.
Then, to help you get the most out of your Hi-Speed service, check out the helpful links to your right, like the Rogers Hi-Speed start page. Here's where you'll find everything you could want in news, sports, information and more - even a search engine - all on one handy page.
We'll also keep you in the loop about the latest online features and special events in our e-newsletter - it's full of good stuff!
Is it really necessary to to keep having to tell us customers what we "can" do with Rogers internet?
This is getting ridiculous..
--
"That Tommy Hilfiger pose, can't block my verbal flows." - Tachichi

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by b34tBoX:

Is it really necessary to to keep having to tell us customers what we "can" do with Rogers internet?
This is getting ridiculous..
Hehe, they SAY we can do ALL those things, but when we download music, video, rich streaming content, the call us ABUSERS! What's the deal with that? hehe... They are stepping on their own tongues...
--
Thanks Leafs for a great season & playoffs.

OLDb34tBoX
Premium
join:2001-03-07
reply to skillton

And they don't like handing out good modems..

train wreck

join:2002-01-26
Scarborough, ON

said by b34tBoX:
And they don't like handing out good modems..
I know. It took me enough trouble just to get a technician to switch my broken motorola to a new motorola. And even more to switch the new motorola to a docsis, which i should be getting on friday .

skillton

Scarborough, ON
reply to skillton

lol quick response... still bs tho
Dear Rogers Valued Subscriber,

Thank you for emailing the Rogers Hi-Speed Internet Electronic Support
team. We appreciate hearing from our subscribers regarding our service.

As per your request, we are confirming that your name and account
information has been removed from future solicitation lists. This means
that you will no longer be solicited by Rogers or its related companies
for the purposes of promoting new products and services.

If you wish to add your name and account information to our promotional
lists in the future, please email us at internetsupport@rci.rogers.com
or phone us at 1-888-ROGERS1.

Usage-based billing is being launched primarily to address the heavy
bandwidth users and is expected to impact only 10-15% of our subscriber
base.

We are also introducing different levels of service to meet the unique
needs of our customers. RHSL was launched earlier this year, and we
expect to launch a high tier service as well for later this year.

The uses for the Internet have evolved and we are continually looking at
ways to provide our customers with better service. We apologize for any
inconvenience caused.

If you have any further questions or comments regarding our service,
please contact us by phone at 1-888-288-4663, or fill out the online
form on our Customer Support page listed below.

Sincerely,
Lucy C.

mau108
Mau
Premium
join:2001-10-07
Thornhill, ON
reply to skillton

Hey guys!

I did not receive a Network Card when they installed my modem.

I had one previously in it but aren't I suppose to receive one aswell?
--
...:::M.A.U.1.0.8:::...

train wreck

join:2002-01-26
Scarborough, ON
reply to skillton

If you already have one in your pc I don't think they'll give you one. That's why i took mine out before the guy came.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

Haha... funny, all you gain is a cheapass $10 NIC. I'd rather have a quality NIC rather than a supplied one.
--

skillton

Scarborough, ON
reply to skillton

they suply a linksys 100tx v5.1 NIC
its not cheap quality

mau108
Mau
Premium
join:2001-10-07
Thornhill, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to skillton

lol
Damn!

mine is quality man, Linksys NC 100 v.2 , for 40 bux!
It has its own processor built into it (loads off my xp machine).

awell, I did their survey and in the final comment i put I want Netword Adapter!! lol
--
...:::M.A.U.1.0.8:::...

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

Ahh, well they changed that then.. they used to supply crappyass no name stuff, tiny realtek based cards, or noname period...
--

skillton

Scarborough, ON
reply to skillton

lol
how bout we trade nic's u dont need urs only for rogers anyway... i wouldnt mind it for my lan but for a 3000/38 service, soon to be 1500/192 thats a overkill...

mikelong70

join:2002-06-24
reply to skillton

Yes that's true: Rogers is throttling down the speeds of the service at about half the current speeds.
I've tried during the past few days to choose different RWIN values and to test on different servers and what was unbelievable for me is that I've obtained the same values, which are around 1200/182(!). I had before values as "higher" as 2400/360.
And yes: I did not receive any announcement, unless that during this week there will be some interruptions blah, blah, blah...
You said:

quote:
I'll probably switch to a good dsl isp with 3mpbs+/500kbps+ service...
Could you mention some ISPs as one mentioned above?
And do you know if some ISPs (broadband) do allow a fixed IP (or client's web server)?

Thank.
May the force be with you (us)!

Uriel3

join:2001-11-26

said by mikelong70:
Could you mention some ISPs as one mentioned above?
There's some useful links here; »nomorecaps.tripod.com/

skillton

Scarborough, ON
reply to skillton

AEI has a 3.5/800 service for $49.95/mo 20/20 limits
but u have to buy their modem its like $149 i think
there's also istop.com which i think temporarly stopped accepting new customers. and i'm sure there's gonna be a few more companies offering this kinda service soon

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
reply to skillton

bob carrick has opened up »www.canadianisp.com , it's a search site for internet access providers in your area...the site is fairly new, but it is constantly receiving new updates and ratings for alternative choices for internet access. most DSL ISP's that i saw in my area are implementing bandwidth caps, but most are usually 10/10, 15/15 and 20/20..there are usually a couple of speed choices as well...usually around a 1000/128 and a 3000/600 connection.
--
...but i need those baskets back!

skillton

Scarborough, ON
reply to skillton

Dear ********,

Thank you for emailing the Rogers Hi-Speed Internet Electronic Support
team. We appreciate hearing from our subscribers regarding our service.

We apologize for confusing your name with one of our other subscribers.

Regarding your degraded internet performance, please check the lights on
the modem to ensure that you always have three solid green lights. If
any of them turn off or change colour (amber or red) intermittently,
please try to power cycle (reboot) the modem. If the slowness persists,
please advise.

If you have any further questions or comments regarding our service,
please contact us by phone at 1-888-288-4663, or fill out the online
form on our Customer Support page listed below.

Regards,
Anil M.

Rogers Hi-Speed Internet
Electronic Support Group
rofl thats what i get when i email them about packet loss
notice how they said 'the modem to ensure that you always have three solid green lights. If
any of them turn off or change colour (amber or red) intermittently,
please try to power cycle (reboot) the modem. If the slowness persists,
please advise."

my modem doesnt even have green lights. the're all amber. and if the lights dont blink there's no traffic. fucken idiots

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

Oh god, thats hilarious... you know where the "3 lights" came from? The old LanCity or Motorola modems, I dont exactly remember which one it was. They've told me that in the past, and i laughed at them. Wankers just reading old service instructions and passing them on and confusing customers.... shows how well educated rogers staff is.
--

skillton

Scarborough, ON
reply to skillton

yea thats what i was thinking
terayon also has a few green lights but the're off unless u transfer stuff...