uniqs
share rss forum feed

Deschutes
Dum De Da De Da De Dum
Premium
join:2002-06-20
Las Vegas

My speeds are SLOW! Can anyone help?

Hello there. I'm new here, and I was hoping that someone could help. I just got my Rogers High Speed today, and my download speeds are at 80kb/s. That's terrible! Worse than Sympatico! Is there anything I can do to speed it up perhaps? Tweaking?

~Carrie

tymex

join:2002-06-10
canada

Follow the instructions at »/tweaks/

mau108
Mau
Premium
join:2001-10-07
Thornhill, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Deschutes

Please post a tweak test
»/tweaks

also a speed test from »www.nyc.speakeasy.net

And we'll be glad to help.
--
...:::M.A.U.1.0.8:::...

Deschutes
Dum De Da De Da De Dum
Premium
Las Vegas

How do I post a tweak test? I did the test, saved it, but don't know how to post it. Sorry, I don't know much about this stuff yet. lol

Carrie

said by mau108:
Please post a tweak test
»/tweaks

also a speed test from »www.nyc.speakeasy.net

And we'll be glad to help.

elusion
Premium
join:2001-10-25
Scarborough, ON
reply to Deschutes

You post the link, it has at the near-bottom, it tells you.

Deschutes
Dum De Da De Da De Dum
Premium
Las Vegas

Click for full size
Click for full size
Here's the speet tests you requested.

~Carrie

elusion
Premium
Scarborough, ON
reply to Deschutes

Do you see where it says copy/paste this url? Just copy and paste it in a post, and then we can check up on it, without you having to do those screen shots.

Deschutes
Dum De Da De Da De Dum
Premium
Las Vegas
reply to Deschutes

Hi there. Nevermind everyone, I'm switching providers tomorrow. I can't stand the slow speeds Rogers is giving me, and when I called for help, the Tech told me that this (look above in previous post) is all I can expect for speeds. I wasn't impressed with the speeds, or customer service, so I cancelled. Thanks to all who replied though!

Carrie

elusion
Premium
Scarborough, ON
reply to Deschutes

Those rogers techs ARE BULL SHIT!!!! I SWEAR TO GOD, ROGERS HAS SOMETHING COMING! anyways sorry for the caps, not really shouting at you guys, just stressing my point.

Deschutes
Dum De Da De Da De Dum
Premium
Las Vegas

And what point is that? Have you had some problems with Rogers as well, Rogerian? I hate to give up so soon on Rogers, but if they aren't willing to help me then I can't stick around and help line their pockets. I think I'll go down in the Rogers history books as 'the customer with the shortest subscription.' LOL. Oh well, what can ya do. Live and learn I suppose.

Carrie

said by green1074:
Those rogers techs ARE BULL SHIT!!!! I SWEAR TO GOD, ROGERS HAS SOMETHING COMING! anyways sorry for the caps, not really shouting at you guys, just stressing my point.

mau108
Mau
Premium
join:2001-10-07
Thornhill, ON
reply to Deschutes

Yo become pingable!!

Redo a test after you turn off your FIREWALL.
--
...:::M.A.U.1.0.8:::...

Deschutes
Dum De Da De Da De Dum
Premium
Las Vegas

I don't have a firewall on. I don't use one, and I disable the one that comes standard with Windows XP. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

said by mau108:
Yo become pingable!!

Redo a test after you turn off your FIREWALL.

Deschutes
Dum De Da De Da De Dum
Premium
Las Vegas
reply to Deschutes

Click for full size
Click for full size
Rogers and Sympatico tests done just today. Both were done with a clear cache, btw. Either their modem isn't working correctly, or they aren't faster than Sympatico after all.

Thommy67
Premium
join:2002-03-31
Ottawa, ON
reply to Deschutes

Try choosing your connection type as normal not winxppppoe. The speed as 1500 after that try a line test then post them here that might help, cause I agree your speed does look bad. You sure they didn't give you High Speed Lite by mistake

tymex

join:2002-06-10
canada
reply to Deschutes

Where are you located?
Do a "tracert www.rogers.com" and show us the output.