Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

porcho
Premium
join:2002-01-01
Toronto, ON

Hows your Rogers experience?

Without going through pages and pages of threads I was wondering what the general public in here feel towards rogers. im looking to do what mau did and go to rogers until they put the cap then switch to another independant dsl company. so hows rogers?
--
Come Visit Canada

Exit
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-04-10
Canada

Go to the DSL right away and skip the hassle. The speed you will get now is not better than HSE by any noticable amount. They capped the speed at 1500/192 and raised the price by $5 a month. Stay away far far away

Steve
--
18.98Ghz of Cancer killing power commin at yah.

porcho
Premium
join:2002-01-01
Toronto, ON
reply to porcho

Speed doesnt matter to me, im satisfied with 1mbit speeds. so whats the price now $44.95?
--
Come Visit Canada

skillton

join:2000-09-14
Scarborough, ON
reply to porcho

yea
1st months r 24.95 i think and installation is free
if u get a docsis compliant modem ur speeds should still be 3000/384 for a while...

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

It doesn't matter if you're docsis or not, it depends if your area gets capped today, or next week. They all will get capped soon. As for Rogers, I was happy until last week when they capped my speed. This is a real pissoff. Like mrspec3 said, the speed is only a little bit faster than 1mbit DSL, so I would suggest you go for an independent DSL provider, NOT sympatico HSE. Those guys offer good prices, usually less than $40/month. I am going to stay with Rogers though, until they impose caps and i'll see what I will do then... Its not worth it for me to switch now.
--
Thanks Leafs for a great season & playoffs.