Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Exit
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-04-10
Canada

I talked to a tech....

and he tells me this. My area is DOCSIS but I cant have a new modem even thought this one is 3 years old. Then he tells me that the reason rogers capped at 1.5/192 was to level the speed more with bell. He said they are going to offer a faster service again which means there is going to be 3 levels of service me thinks. Then I tell him my speed sucks and he laughs with me. This guy was kewl. HEHEHE

So yah. I need to make my modem "malfunction" so I can get a new one. How is the question.....

Steve
--
18.98Ghz of Cancer killing power commin at yah.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13

You fill it with aqualegia

You find a great big hammer ?

You short circuit the power supply by accident

f1sushi2

join:2002-05-30
Nepean, ON

Stuart, I'm apalled at your suggestions! The first two are crude, and the third won't damage the modem, only the power supply. Consider a quick injection of 120 VAC...

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile

OK ... how about temporarily disconnect the cable during a thunderstorm and connect the inner conductor to a long wire shortwave antenna ... or even to the grounding conductor for your lightning rods that you just installed on your roof ?

Or get one of those multivoltage DC adaptors where you can swap + and - (careful of this one ... any tantalum capacitors inside will smoke and it will stink!)

Or connect the RJ45 ethernet connector to the Phone line when it's ringing ?

Or how about giving it a cup of coffee when it's running slow on the grounds that it needs some stimulus ... you go faster after a cup of java, why shouldn't the modem ?

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Exit

Exactly what F1Sushi said. just wear some gloves, and enjoy sparks flying. We did it to a friend's motorola modem back in the Shaw days here... SHaw wouldn't replace the modem, so we blew it up with 120VAC. It stank like hell, had burn marks on the part where the AC adapter connected to it, it was a total mess... What did we say? A lightning strike did it. haha... they had no choice but to replace it.
--
Thanks Leafs for a great season & playoffs.

skillton

join:2000-09-14
Scarborough, ON
reply to Exit

HAAHAH HiVolt
rofl

f1sushi2

join:2002-05-30
Nepean, ON
reply to HiVolt

rotflmao

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21

Hehehe, well, sometimes brute force and some ingenuity is the only way to get thru a stubborn ISP's tech wankers. This is the ONE benefit from not owning your own modem, hehehe....
--
Thanks Leafs for a great season & playoffs.

mau108
Mau
Premium
join:2001-10-07
Thornhill, ON
reply to Exit

Wut I would doo is attempt to uncap it and instead screw it up lol.

Then they'll give you a new modem with no penelty(if they dont find out you tried to uncap)
--
...:::M.A.U.1.0.8:::...