Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Heineken77

join:2001-12-26
Etobicoke, ON

I am PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Ok...now I am TOTALLY OUTRAGED

If you read back in the archives...I used to have TONS of problems with rogers. When they offered 3000/400 ... I was on a node that was JAMMED....and for months I was getting terrible speeds.

I've been with Rogers now for a couple of years, and not once have I come close to their advertised rates. Now that people started getting capped ((which I didn't realize this was all happening until LASTNIGHT!)) ... I have been getting 2200/385 consistantly. No matter what time of day or night I tested. So I was extremely happy with that.

Unfortunately I was hit yesterday with this cap, and no matter what .. I get 1100/185 ... I thought there were technical difficulties with rogers due to my slow speeds. Low and behold that there is nothing wrong with my connection...it's the tighter cap they placed on us! This is pathetic!! I can't believe they can do this.

People in the US - NY .. just a couple hours away are enjoy Optimum Online. My friend gets speeds of 6000/750+ consistantly! This isn't fair that we have to be stuck with crappy Rogers cable. I went over to Telus for awhile..however it was way too expensive at 80/month .. and they didn't even give their full advertised speeds to me. And that was aDSL. Not only that, but aDSL pings higher than cable..so it's terrible for online multiplayer games.

Is there a guarantee that we will be able to pay a few more $$ to get faster speeds now? If so, when will this be implimented? This is total BS

And when the up/down gig caps start....this is going to kill us and put us in even more debt than we already are! Then what!?!?

mau108
Mau
Premium
join:2001-10-07
Thornhill, ON

This is because they have comined a couple nodes and you got good speeds until they capped you (the combined nodes).
--
...:::M.A.U.1.0.8:::...

Exit
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-04-10
Canada
reply to Heineken77

Ah yes another satisfied Rogers hi speed customer. We all know hoe you feel so don't think you are alone.

»Rogers New 3 Rates...True?

Steve
--
18.98Ghz of Cancer killing power commin at yah.

Heineken77

join:2001-12-26
Etobicoke, ON
reply to Heineken77

Hi Thanks for your reply Steve. I realize I'm not alone, I just wish that we could all band together and do something about this terrible service from Rogers

I belive it was you that posted the link to change rWIN to a lower setting so we don't lose packets at this lower speeds and to optimize our connection. I live in Toronto, however I don't know what to ping in order to get my Large Packet Ping time. I tried pinging the university of Calgary and got a ping time of 266 on average. Does that seem right to you?

Thanks for your time!

mau108
Mau
Premium
join:2001-10-07
Thornhill, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

said by Heineken77:
Hi Thanks for your reply Steve. I realize I'm not alone, I just wish that we could all band together and do something about this terrible service from Rogers

I belive it was you that posted the link to change rWIN to a lower setting so we don't lose packets at this lower speeds and to optimize our connection. I live in Toronto, however I don't know what to ping in order to get my Large Packet Ping time. I tried pinging the university of Calgary and got a ping time of 266 on average. Does that seem right to you?

Thanks for your time!
IMPOSIBLE!
--
...:::M.A.U.1.0.8:::...