how-to block ads

Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

Heineken77

join:2001-12-26
Etobicoke, ON
reply to HiVolt

Re: Rogers' highest tier to be 3000/384

Exactly! I don't see how the CRTC is just sitting back and watching all of this unfold. Mabye none of them live in Toronto, or mabye they get free cable in a kick-back deal with old Teddy.

I'll be straight right here and right now. You all may have seen some of my posts inquiring about the general latency between cable and dsl. I have recently been considering staying with rogers as I have been fairly satisfied with my ping times.

If it turns out that DSL's pings will be higher....so be it...I am making it known that I am going to become an aDSL customer, regardless of whether or not it has good low latency or not. I'm not going to stand for this just on principle.

If the CRTC steps in and opens this market up, then I may come back to cable if I'm not satisfied with DSL. If Rogers offers a package of 4000/800 ... hell ... even 4000/600 .. I'll come back to them for an extra $10/month than I'm paying now....but as it stands, there's no way they will see one red cent from me until that happens. Who knows...mabye DSL will turn out to be better than Rogers ever was or will be. We shall see..and then I will have Ted to thank for turning me on to it.

It's been real Rogers...now the hard part...which DSL company to choose. AEI - IGS or back to Telus.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
Yep, well I have been a cablemodem subscriber for 4 years now, first 2 years with Shaw (The best god damn internet on the planet), and the past 2 years with Rogers since they took over from Shaw. Since then, Rogers has now TWICE reduced the speeds, and increased the price by $5. How nice eh? And now the monthly caps are looming. Broadband is going to hell in this country. Canada was thought by many to have the best high speed internet options a few years ago, now its just a disgrace with what these ISP's are doing to their customers. At first they told you "Download all you want, its fast, its always on, don't take up your phone line" bullshit, now if you do that, they call you an abuser. In 2 years I have gone from a virtually uncapped cablemodem downstream of 10mbit and 1mbit upstream(with Shaw), to a piddly 1500/192kbps speed with Rogers. They should call it NarrowBand for christ sake! bleh, thats my 2 cents.
--
Crunch for »www.team-discovery.com/

Clipper

join:2002-05-23
Stoney Creek, ON
said by HiVolt:
The CRTC should do something about its, and should force Rogers to let other ISP's use their cable to provide cabletv and internet services
They already have that in place. if a 3rd party resellers wants to use their lines, rogers has to let them. Cogeco has 3 or 4 resellers of their service in muskoka regions. Im sure if a small company want to resell rogers service, then rogers has no choice but to let them. The problem is that its not very profitable for smaller cable ISP to do this.

daytrader50$

join:2002-08-13
reply to HiVolt
You think you got bad caps down here int the USA our caps are at 1.5 megs down and 128k up. I'm on Comcast and they once had a nice 3megs down and 256k up. Uped there prices and lowered there caps. At least this isn't happening int the USA.