All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Bob Carrick

join:2000-04-24
New York, NY

Bob Carrick to HiVolt

to HiVolt

Re: CRTC regulates broadband and takes complaints NOT!

They have had access for a while. I've talked to a few ISPs and they say that the contract is so tight and non forgiving that they basically have to give their first born (and they where not kidding, it's 1 inch thick). That it's just not worth it.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Well thats too bad. Wasn't it similar to Bell at first when they were gouging competition ISP's who were using their lines? Then the CRTC stepped in and changed something? I recall reading that somewhere.

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

they weren't gouging anybody...the prices that they charged were stipulated in the mandate that forced bell to open up their networks. the CRTC approved the pricing regime.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Oh well, it looks like we're stuck with huge monopolies that give us hardly any choice with who to go, because it all comes back thru their lines, and they collect money regardless what ISP you're with. I'm sure Bell is happy as heck to be collecting even more money from the small ISP's who now have to deal with the heavy users leaving Sympatico because of the bit caps.

As a side note, I heard a blurb on the ratio today that very close to 50% of Canadian internet users are on high speed now. Not sure what to make of it, or is it true. But if it is true, thats one helluva marked for these god damn companies, and they still complain that some people use their fuqn service to fullest extent!

Bob Carrick

join:2000-04-24
New York, NY

Bob Carrick to HiVolt

to HiVolt
Well it turns out there is at least one cable reseller. Though it is slightly expensive, which means the price from Rogers is not great. They are even listed on my site and I never put two and two together.
»www.canadianisp.com/cgi- ··· ks%20Ltd