spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

poweruhs

join:2002-05-03

Why are you guys complaining?

Most of you guys are complaining about slow speeds after you guys got capped. My area is not capped yet but i average around 500 kilobits/sec anyways. If i had your speeds of 1200 kilobits/sec i'd do anything but complain. (Actually, my speeds are slow because of congestion so hopefully there will be no cap since during non-peak times like early morning, i can get 1700 kilobits/sec!).

Anyways, a few questions. I have a Realtek RTL8029(AS) NIC driver and it's not located on the rogers drivers site. i think mine is old and i want to update. where do i go???

Plus, when i go to tools-->internet options-->connections-->lan settings and i uncheck everything, the next time i restart IE, the use automatic configuration script is always checked...what should i do?

elusion
Premium
join:2001-10-25
Scarborough, ON

»www.realtek.com.tw/htm/download/complete.asp
Here is the driver for it, I don't know if its updated or not, I tried downloading it, but it goes at 300 bytes(slow ftp server). So I guess you are going to have to download it by your self. I don't know about your other problem, when you un check all the boxes, did you make sure to click apply, then ok?
--
In the game of Broadband, you always loose when you go the Rogers route.I'm not Canadian :P

mau108
Mau
Premium
join:2001-10-07
Thornhill, ON
reply to poweruhs

What version of IE?

poweruhs

join:2002-05-03

Internet Explorer 5.5
when i uncheck the stuff, it applies but once i restart I.E. (like close it and open it again) the detect automatic blah is checked...

elva lover

join:2002-05-08

well.. i complain because my speeds are almost the same as the hi-speed lite and even around 4am-8am it doesn't all of a sudden go super fast anymore. barely ever go past 1mbit now. and i never get past 130kbit for upload

mau108
Mau
Premium
Thornhill, ON
reply to poweruhs

did u install rogers with the cd?

elva lover

no.. i never intall any shaw/rogers software.. and i onlie have shaw software which is 4 years old

skillton

join:2000-09-14
Scarborough, ON
reply to poweruhs

lol
shaw was sooooooooooo slow in markham... i remeber like 3 years ago i was on it and i was gettin like close to 50% packet loss and pings over 100ms in quake2... downloads were like 30kB/sec max @ peak times and uploads were like 3kB/sec
i remeber i got 750kB/sec from tucows @ like 6 am tho

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by skillton:
lol
shaw was sooooooooooo slow in markham... i remeber like 3 years ago i was on it and i was gettin like close to 50% packet loss and pings over 100ms in quake2... downloads were like 30kB/sec max @ peak times and uploads were like 3kB/sec
i remeber i got 750kB/sec from tucows @ like 6 am tho
Shaw rocked here in Scarborough for me. I had 10mbit down and 1mbit up, all day every day. I ran a 32 player game server with people getting less than 50ms. Then 2 years later Rogers came and ruined everything.
--
Crunch for »www.team-discovery.com/

skillton

join:2000-09-14
Scarborough, ON
reply to poweruhs

lol not markham
good thing i moved... service there is still bad anyway

mau108
Mau
Premium
Thornhill, ON
reply to poweruhs

Elva lover, I would look into repairing IE or reinstalling IE all in all.

If you have Win 98 I dont suggest IE 6 (too many conflicts)....
--
...:::M.A.U.1.0.8:::...

hman1

join:2002-01-17
Canada
reply to poweruhs

What are u talking about too much problems with IE 6? I ve had it for a year or so and it has been rock solid...No hiccups or nothing...You should let Poweruhs or others try it first...well its your opinion to say that, but next time, try to say something with some evidenece. My others buddies have win 98, xp, and 2k and its been top notch...

Thanks

elva lover

reply to mau108

hmm.. so ie frigs up your net? well.. okie.. i have win95 installed on one com, chinese windows 98 on another and winME on 2 other coms. it's all networked. however, when i conenct the modem directely to a com or through the router, the results are all the same. on all the computers i still get crap service. i called them once again. this time, (FINALLY, after a YEAR) they say i have a problem.. haha

elva lover

reply to hman1

hmm. i wonder if it's an OS problem. my friend has a pentiumIII 700MHz (SDRAM) and i have an AMD T-Bird 900MHz (SDRAM). anyways, he runs 98 and i run ME, his com runs a LOT smoother than mine and seems like it's faster than mine too >

alex4life
Alex4life
Premium
join:2001-06-22
Delta, BC
reply to mau108

said by mau108:

What kind of conflicts? IE 5.5 used to crash almost daily for me, but 6.0 doesn't seem to.
--
"Nothing fits better than a dead man's shirt" -Jimmy James. Visit the Canadian Forum!

mau108
Mau
Premium
Thornhill, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

said by alexthepsycho:
said by mau108:

What kind of conflicts? IE 5.5 used to crash almost daily for me, but 6.0 doesn't seem to.

Check out the MS Forum.
--
...:::M.A.U.1.0.8:::...