Search similar:

uniqs
gunshot
join:2002-05-18
Guelph, ON

gunshot

rogers in kitchener

im in Guelph
i was getting over 2000kbps on test sites, now 1050kbps.
everyone seems to be getting lower download speeds.
switch to bell. bell got package 5mbit for $75.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

It's not 5mbit, its 3mbit download and 640kbps upload. and you have a 10gb monthly download limit. Enjoy your new crippled service.

Exit

join:2001-04-10
Canada

Exit to gunshot

to gunshot
There is another company that is offering 3.5Mb/800kbs speed for that price with 20GB up and download limits. The company is called AEI check em out on Bob's site

»www.canadianisp.com/cgi- ··· Internet

Steve
gunshot
Guelph, ON

gunshot

im still with rogers
rogers cutting lot of peoples speed. what the fck can we do? protest front of rogers video?

mau108
Mau
Premium Member
join:2001-10-07
Thornhill, ON

mau108

Premium Member

said by gunshot:
im still with rogers
rogers cutting lot of peoples speed. what the fck can we do? protest front of rogers video?
its called Speed Caps.

They have implemented it too many others in the GTA area.

There is nothing that can be done

Uriel3
join:2001-11-26

Uriel3 to gunshot

to gunshot
said by gunshot:
what the fck can we do? protest front of rogers video?
Guess that's our only alternative left since the CRTC has clearly shown that they are not going to intervene on our behalf. On top of the recent $5.00 fee increase and the speed caps cut in half plus the impending data transfer caps I just received a notice in the mail that Rogers will be increasing their Basic Cable Rates by another 15% from $17.37 to an even $20.00 per month effective August 1, 2002.:(

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

said by Uriel:
I just received a notice in the mail that Rogers will be increasing their Basic Cable Rates by another 15% from $17.37 to an even $20.00 per month effective August 1, 2002.:(
then cancel your cable and don't watch TV...you are not forced to have cable TV.

Uriel3

Uriel3

said by dirtyjeffer:
...you are not forced to have cable TV.
Good idea dirtyjeffer and for that matter no one on Roger's payroll can force me to keep their so-called High Speed Internet Service either.

[text was edited by author 2002-07-05 13:40:26]

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner to Uriel3

Premium Member

to Uriel3
said by Uriel:
said by gunshot:
what the fck can we do? protest front of rogers video?
Guess that's our only alternative left since the CRTC has clearly shown that they are not going to intervene on our behalf. On top of the recent $5.00 fee increase and the speed caps cut in half plus the impending data transfer caps I just received a notice in the mail that Rogers will be increasing their Basic Cable Rates by another 15% from $17.37 to an even $20.00 per month effective August 1, 2002.:(
Please understand that I am the last person to defend Rogers, but this is a ridiculous complaint. The price of bread has gone up from .97 to $1.29, yet the government refuses to help me at all. That price increase alone is worth more than $5 a month in my house. You should see how much Homo milk is worth now...it's atrocious. Let's not forget that the price of gas, which is more important to the economy as a whole, has jumped by an astronomical amount in the last 5 years. Rogers has one price increase, and you guys get all upset. Now, cable is a different matter. They are ripping you off with that one.

Prices go up, that's a fact. I for one applaud the CRTC for STFU. Consumers have far more power with their wallets than the CRTC does. So use your power and stop expecting the government to intervene for you. Internet service is not a basic staple, if you don't like the price, quit.

Uriel3

Uriel3

said by shaner:
.. this is a ridiculous complaint...Rogers has one price increase, and you guys get all upset... Internet service is not a basic staple, if you don't like the price, quit.
One price increase my eye, glad to hear that your wages has gone up much higher than the inflation rate in order to keep up with all those price increases.

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner

Premium Member

So Rogers internet has gone from $39.95 to $44.95. What were the others? And no, my wages haven't increased faster than the inflation rate, that's why I'm more inclined to be mad about the price of bread or gas. Y'know, absolute necessities.

I know the cost of cable keeps going up, that's why I ditched them 5 years ago.
neeloy
join:2002-03-08
North Las Vegas, NV

neeloy

Well its actually quite simple. You don't like the level of service they provide, leave. I have Rogers now, I'm okay for now, but I plan on moving in two months, and at my new house, you can bet I won't be getting Rogers. However, I think that Rogers was smarter than Bell with their bandwidth restrictions because most of their users won't even notice the difference and won't have to monitor their usage constantly. If it helps Rogers maintain their networks, more power to them! And if you do notice the difference, the higher package is always there for you.

Just my opinion!
gunshot
Guelph, ON

gunshot

everybody keep up the biitchin at rogers.
i was switching to bell HSE, called rogers to cancel, they said "NO, you stay with us" so they lower my cable charge to $24/month for 3 months. after 3 months i call again and get it lowered. lol
you all do the same.
they fck you, you fck them back.

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to neeloy

Premium Member

to neeloy
said by neeloy:
However, I think that Rogers was smarter than Bell with their bandwidth restrictions because most of their users won't even notice the difference and won't have to monitor their usage constantly.
the speed caps come first, bandwidth caps are expected 4th quarter...still think rogers is smarter??
dirtyjeffer0

dirtyjeffer0 to Uriel3

Premium Member

to Uriel3
said by Uriel:
Good idea dirtyjeffer
thank you
quote:
and for that matter no one on Roger's payroll can force me to keep their so-called High Speed Internet Service either.
that's the spirit..now you're getting it!!

Uriel3

Uriel3

said by dirtyjeffer:
Yes, I and all Roger's Cable subscribers have been "getting it" for quite some time now ..... and you know where!!
And if I may add, from where I come from it's called "getting shafted"
[text was edited by author 2002-07-07 10:09:49]

mau108
Mau
Premium Member
join:2001-10-07
Thornhill, ON

mau108

Premium Member

said by Uriel:
said by dirtyjeffer:
Yes, I and all Roger's Cable subscribers have been "getting it" for quite some time now ..... and you know where!!
And if I may add, from where I come from it's called "getting shafted"
[text was edited by author 2002-07-07 10:09:49]

lol upp the ass