how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

unthread3

join:2002-06-04
Toronto, ON

DHCP and OpenBSD

has anyone had any luck getting rogers DHCP to cooperate with OpenBSD? dhclient is giving me flak for a bunch of stuff.

thanks.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

I dont know about BSD, but I once tried RedHat 6.0 a while ago and couldn't get DHCP to work either. Mind you I barely know anything about Linux or *nix in general, but the graphical interface was letting me know that my network card was properly detected and installed, and the DHCP settings were enabled and set to auto configure, and it wouldn't grab an IP. I tried releasing the IP from Windows, but it didnt do anything. Thats why I just stick to Windows, things just work.
--
Crunch for Team Discovery!

unthread3

join:2002-06-04
Toronto, ON

i had a redhat 6.0 install working fine with DHCP. Recently i decided that 6.0 was getting too old so i decided to go with OpenBSD for the new configuration.

when i was configurint redhat 6.0 I read a how-to on getting DHCP to work with rogers on linux, but i can't find that how-to anymore...

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

I see, so there was some tricks in getting it going... I have a spare box im gonna put together and i'll slap the latest RedHat on it, to tinker with it I guess. I have a Win2k Server that distributes 192.168.0.XXX Ip's and its the DHCP server, you think I will have trouble getting that IP? I can always try static this way as well though.
--
Crunch for Team Discovery!