spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tomveil2002

join:2002-06-17
Toronto, ON

Media attention is here my friends!!!!!!!!!

Anyone in the Toronto area who picks up MOJO Radio AM 640 should listen to Ripkins show Monday, July 8th at 10am. Dropped a tip about whats been going on regarding speed decreases and this forum. He says he will be all over this on his show.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21

Interesting... I'll try to remember to tune in.

lexsteele
Krazyk9

join:2002-01-15
Westmount, QC

Wicked, it's about time we get someone to speak up for us........hopefully enough people hear it and are able to put a big enough stink.

Sweet work tomveil!

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

Remember the whole negative billing stink about 10 years ago? Rogers is now the only company that doesn't negative bill because of that. There is power in the people my friends.
--
I got my Sympatico HSE in a London box. Where did yours come from?

Bob Carrick
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2000-04-24
New York, NY
reply to lexsteele

I guess you guys haven't been paying attention. Check this thread and you can see that someone has been speaking for you already. »Rogers quietly slows download speeds
--
Bobhttp://www.carricksolutions.com - The largest PPPoE Help Website, including Tango Manager, EnterNet, WinPoET, MacPoET, Sympatico Access Manager,RASPPPoE, CFoS, NetVoyager, Broadjump SAM

gunshot

join:2002-05-18
Guelph, ON

call citytv
they'll look into this

tomveil2002

join:2002-06-17
Toronto, ON

tried that but no response

Otrant

join:2001-08-24
Canada
reply to tomveil2002

Cool, thanks for the heads up. I only caught the last 10-15 minutes of it, the guy even mentioned canadianisp.com right near the end.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to tomveil2002

Well, I just finished listening to that part of the show, it was quite interesting, and some people phoned in their frustrations and opinions. I especially liked the first caller who hates Rogers so much he started a website »www.ihaterogers.ca hahahah its totally hilarious, he said that Rogers registered www.ihaterogers in every domain flavour BUT .ca, and so he registered it for himself. The more media exposure the better! Also Bob's site was given a plug as well, »www.canadianisp.com which is great.
--
Crunch for Team Discovery!

Bob Carrick
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2000-04-24
New York, NY

Gotta like plugs.

shaner
Premium
Calgary, AB
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:
I especially liked the first caller who hates Rogers so much he started a website »www.ihaterogers.ca
Hahaha! Thanks for the good read HiVolt. I haven't had any business with Rogers in 5 years. Glad to see nothing's changed.
--

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
reply to HiVolt

Now ... talk about anti-customer moves! Such arrogance@

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

Heheh... Everyone go to that website and post your rants, you can win a Fido phone with $100 worth of airtime. I wrote about a 3 page rant on my 2 years worth of experience with Rogers. Hopefully that'll win me a new phone, cuz i'm sick of my Rogers cell phone service. Ghost voice mail, constant drops, phone dont ring when people call, etc.
--

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13

Just as the ihaterogers.com etc are taken by rogers, so is the other site's similars ... www.rogerssucks.com,.net,.org!

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by sbrook:
Just as the ihaterogers.com etc are taken by rogers, so is the other site's similars ... www.rogerssucks.com,.net,.org!
Wow, they really tried hard about protecting themselves, but missed that one possibility. Smart cookies, for a Canadian company, not to register the .ca variant.
--

travisc

join:2001-11-09
Uxbridge, ON
reply to tomveil2002

It used to be much more difficult to register .ca domains... I suspect that when it became easier, relatively recently, Rogers was asleep at the switch and somebody beat them to it.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

Hrm true. Even for my work's website which we registered about 6 months ago, we had to wait for the name to be verified and approved. Makes me wonder how they let this name pass.
--
Also visit www.ihaterogers.ca

shaner
Premium
Calgary, AB
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:
said by sbrook:
Wow, they really tried hard about protecting themselves, but missed that one possibility. Smart cookies, for a Canadian company, not to register the .ca variant.

They missed this one too!
»www.rogerssucks.ca/
The forums on this site are a real hoot!
--