Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Exit
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-04-10
Canada

Rogers Reviews

Please post your feeling and thoughts about Rogers in this thread. That way people looking for input about Rogers and its service will only have to look in one place. I know the ISP reviews exist but they aren't kept up to date by most so post em here

Steve

**edit**

The things people want to know for example would be.

How are your speeds? How is uptime? Email? Customer support? Value for money paid? and other things like that. Do not only focus on the negative unless thats all you have to talk about
[text was edited by author 2002-07-14 13:48:43]

elva lover

join:2002-05-08

okie. well... first off. i hafta say my speeds r REALLIE crap. i get anywhere from 33.6kbps to usallie about the speeds of hi-speed lite (and i'm on the hi-speed package.) and rarely above 500/100. uptime is pretty good though. mayb.. once in a long while. the e-mail usually is fine, except once in a while i'd get messages that were sent to me like a week ago. or my messages would get sent a week later. custumer support is by far the worst! every single time, i'm told to do the same exact thing! then i'm always put on hold while they ask their supervisor stuff just to come back and tell me they don't have an answer! or they tell me they'll send out a tech. then when the tech comes, he just sits in his van talking on the phone for an hour (and working on the problem for 5min) and tells me, "oh, i can't fix the problem. another tech will be coming by this week" the next day i call rogers and they tell me they already sent a tech to fix the problem and that problem should be fixed. if it isn't fixed, call the cable tech support because the hi-speed side technicians only know so much and the cable part can do more. the only thing good about it, is that they tend to give out a lot of credit.

Dark_Cobra

join:2002-04-12
North York, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·FreePhoneLine
reply to Exit

My only complaint is that they lowered tha caps without telling us... they could have at least sent us all an e-mail to inform us...

the connection its self seems to be relyable, at least where i am... the line that runs in for the internet seems to be as good as it can get... no packet loss... pings in games (on fast srever) are almost like its a dedicated connection or lan... in the range of 35 (top OC servers) to 100-150 (on a dsl/cable server)...

the up time is pretty good... i havent been down more then once since i got the service... when i 1st had it installed, i was on windows 98... i switched from look dial-up... and there seemed to be some comatibily porblems... it took almost a day and 1/2 to get online... i called the tech support... non of em seemed to know wut the prob was... till i got the head tech dude (very smart guy) he was able to realise that there were probs in the Registry...

after that... no probs... speed was in the range of 1.5 to 2.9 (b4 the cap) now its in the range of 950-1.3 (i change the reg [rwin, mtu, and sh*t, its got crasy settings, but they work]).... thats the only thing that pissed me off... they cut the speed in half... didnt tell us.... and excpect us to bare with it...

over-all... i am satisfied with the service... im thinking bout the new capps that will be out in Aug... ill see wut the prices are like before i make my desision.... id give it (without the fact that they lied to us) 9/10... (since they lied...) 6.5/10
break down:
connectivity ( NOT speed): 10/10 - only down once
Speed (b4 caps) was: 10/10 now: 7.5-8/10
Tech support: 8/10 - Some of them are smart... others... well... i wont even comment
Installation (overall... lines, box, connection, CM, NIC): 10/10 - Self install... so f*cking easy a d*mb *ss could do it!!!
Getting connected (not taking in to acount the combatibly brob): 10/10 - not their fault my sys was messed...
overall liking: 5/10 - they lied bout the caps, and tryed to tell me ppl wont notice... b4 that date i would have given them a 9/10...
--
-AMD T-BIRD 1.2GHz -OCed to 1.344Ghz - 256Meg - 4x 32 AGP - 39.5Gig - ROGERS (*CRAP*) CABLE - XP PRO - 2000 PRO- [U] I AM IMMORTAL, I HAVE INSIDE ME BLOOD OF KINGS, YEAH, I HAVE NO RIVAL, NO MAN CAN BE MY EQUAL

sonicool

join:2002-07-02
North York, ON
reply to Exit

I am currently a new user of Rogers. I think their speed is very unconstant which really sucks! But, sometimes, their speed is decent (Ya! Cable Interent Access must have this disadvantages!) If there are more people using rogers in your area, the slower you will get. As a result, someone who live in less users areas are getting impressive speed which we are getting such a slow speed. My speed is extremely unstable. I usually get around 1300K/300k, but sometimes it drops slower than 56K phoneline!(-_-)!
Overall, as long as they don't implemented the transfer cap, then i will stay with rogers!

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

said by sonicool:
Overall, as long as they don't implemented the transfer cap, then i will stay with rogers!
start shopping around now then, because the caps are coming-Rogers was the first to talk about it earlier this year.
--
...but i need those baskets back!