how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

hman1

join:2002-01-17
Canada

Question about Satelitte TV!!

Ive decided to cancel my Rogers Cable service for Satelitte service but don't know which one is the cheapest...

I looked into Starchoice but they say for the BRONZE choice it is 17.99. And it does not include like the Speed Channel or other channels. They fall into the specialty Choices. They say up to 165 Channels...

On another hand, I looked into a company called Look Communications. Their $30.95*/month PLUS Pakage sounds like it has some good channels like Music channels, Speed Channels and some of the specialty channels that Starchoice offers.

What Im trying to ask is that: Which one is better? Is there a way that I can remove some channels so the cost will go down? Is there a service to which you prefer? What is the most cheapest service of Satelitte which includes like Speed Channels and some MOVIE Channels cuz some channels with ABC, NBC, CBS, CTV show some movies sometimes...
Im going cheap, but want the best deal + some specialtyy channels for free/included...

AND one more thing...The difference of the Satelitte systems. Do they use RG6 Cable or the cheap RG59U? And the quality?
BTW...Im in Brampton Ontario...

Please PLEASE POST! Thanks You!!

hman1

Canada

Sorry is anyone gonna help me?

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB
reply to hman1

I think you have already asked for help and got it...»Question about Satellite....Post PLEASE!!!
--
I got my Sympatico HSE in a London box. Where did yours come from?

mrbrimi

join:2000-02-15
Woodstock, ON
reply to hman1

I live in a community developed by Metrus, they wired the whole community for digital. Locked out Bell for Futureways (a company in which Metrus is a major shareholder) and offered LOOK TV's services.

Shaw got into the community by running their cables with the gas lines. So now Rogers is in.

Can't comment directly on LOOK but for what it is worth almost all the houses in the community are either Rogers or satellite. LOOK service was apparently so lousy that with almost having an exclusive people went elsewhere.

hman1

Canada
reply to hman1

Thank You BRIM!!! THANKS FOR NOTHIN SHANER!

Thanks alot...

travisc

join:2001-11-09
Uxbridge, ON
reply to hman1

The Star Choice and ExpressVu websites spell out pretty clearly what's in each package and what they cost. Why not do the legwork yourself instead of doing multiple posts on the same topic?

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

My point exactly travisc!

hman1

Canada
reply to hman1

Yeah why not Travisc. Thanks I have all the time in the world. Thanks for nothing Shaner!!

travisc

join:2001-11-09
Uxbridge, ON
reply to hman1

Okay, so we're supposed to spend our time doing YOUR research, and making a decision for you? Let me get right on that.