Mashiki
Balking The Enemy's Plans
join:2002-02-04
Woodstock, ON

Mashiki to shaner

to shaner

Re: Rogers' highest tier to be 3000/384

said by shaner:
You're right, but I think the vast majority of Canadians just don't give a rat's ass about this kind of stuff. It's the kind of stuff "hackers" would only care about, not me. I just don't think people care about caps one way or another.

That's a very good point, too bad people would be shocked what "hacker" really means. I mean some of the best software engineers are hackers, even o'l Bill G. is still considered one of the best hackers in the world.

The limited sucess in changing how the news world uses hacker, script kiddie, cracker, ect has not spread beyond the use of my local newspaper and the local news channel.
illusionis
join:2002-07-03
Canada

illusionis

Bah, why make a difference? There's only two categories, the elite, and the non-elite.

BliZZardX
Premium Member
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
·Bell Fibe Internet

BliZZardX to Mashiki

Premium Member

to Mashiki
said by Mashiki:
said by shaner:
You're right, but I think the vast majority of Canadians just don't give a rat's ass about this kind of stuff. It's the kind of stuff "hackers" would only care about, not me. I just don't think people care about caps one way or another.

That's a very good point, too bad people would be shocked what "hacker" really means. I mean some of the best software engineers are hackers, even o'l Bill G. is still considered one of the best hackers in the world.

The limited sucess in changing how the news world uses hacker, script kiddie, cracker, ect has not spread beyond the use of my local newspaper and the local news channel.
hacking is basically programming / modifying things... like tweaking...

what most people know "hacking" as is cracking - people who break into systems etc..

Mashiki
Balking The Enemy's Plans
join:2002-02-04
Woodstock, ON

Mashiki

said by zInfinity_:

hacking is basically programming / modifying things... like tweaking...

what most people know "hacking" as is cracking - people who break into systems etc..
Yes isn't that exactly what I said?