how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sonicool

join:2002-07-02
North York, ON

Rogers always down!

Rogers Hi-speed went down 3 to 4 times in this week. Do you have the same problem?

sonicool

North York, ON
MY SPEEDTESTS JUST AFTER ROGERS WENT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1)
»/speedtests/14···27127957
2)
»/speedtests/16···27127999
3)
»/speedtests/13···27128089
4)
»/speedtests/14···27128480
5)
»/speedtests/13···27128572

Umm...

Dark_Cobra

join:2002-04-12
North York, ON
Dont be too pissed off... that better then wut i got.... since rogers lowered the caps to 1500/192... most of ur speeds are above the cap newayz... so, u shoulnd complain too much...

latz

Exit
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-04-10
Canada
reply to sonicool
I dont see a problem here? If you want to switch lines with me I am up for that

Steve
--
18.98Ghz of Cancer killing power commin at yah.

neeloy

join:2002-03-08
North Las Vegas, NV
reply to sonicool
you got capped!

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to sonicool
after the 1500/192 cap was in place, i got 1400/320 speeds for a couple weeks, but it has since gone back to 192k upload. maybe they were testing something...
--
Crunch for Team Discovery!
Also visit www.ihaterogers.ca

mau108
Mau
Premium
join:2001-10-07
Thornhill, ON
reply to neeloy
said by neeloy:
you got capped!
capped on the down but not up

interesting...
--
...:::M.A.U.1.0.8:::...

neeloy

join:2002-03-08
North Las Vegas, NV
I think they are still trying to iron out some of the bugs with the capping, everytime they make a change that requires a CMTS reboot, it can take up to 30 minutes for all modems to come on line, hence the continous up and down. I just wish they would notify users when they are going to make changes. I know this isn't business class service, but it still would be nice.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
Yeah probably trying to squeeze more people in on the node... freakin cheap bastards! hehe... before the cap my segment had 50 cablemodems, after the cap it had 101 modems, a rogers tech told me!
--
Crunch for Team Discovery!
Also visit www.ihaterogers.ca

elusion
Premium
join:2001-10-25
Scarborough, ON
reply to sonicool
He isn't capped. I am positive of that, why would he be getting 1600 kbps down?

sonicool

North York, ON
(-_-) -------------------------------------------------->
Usually, I only get around 1000k/380k. I guess the reason why I can get up to 1600k is that rogers reboot their system so not many users got cut and they cannot download and upload, as a result, I can have such good speed. I am wondering if i have capped for download or not, because if they've capped my download, I can try to tweak it to 3M.
I wish rogers will not implement cap ~)-_-(!

sonicool

North York, ON
reply to elusion
Usually, I only get around 1000k/380k. I guess the reason why I can get up to 1600k is that rogers reboot their system so many users got cut connection so they cannot download and upload, as a result, I can have such good speed. I am wondering if i have capped for download or not, because if they've not capped my download, I can try to tweak it to 3M.
I wish rogers will not implement cap ~)-_-(!

sonicool

North York, ON
Also, I am using lancity modem, maybe that's why they cannot cap my upload --- (-_-) GUESSING!

Dark_Cobra

North York, ON
Keep dreaming, they will cap u... thou ur using a lancity, its not on the DOCSIS standards... u can still b capped, both up and down...

when ur CM boots, it goes throu a few start up things... for a DOCSIS based CM its more simple then the others...
it looks for a sutiable/open downstream frequ/channel... then a suitable/open upstream... it gets the TOD (time if day) and a few other things... till it connects to the TFTP server... this server supplies the Config files... this files contains the info for the caps that will b imposed... there were/are sites with info of uncapping (totaly illegal, and dont recomend trying)... there ive seen wut the files look like... next time u boot ur modem, it prolly BE CAPPED so... try to keep from restarting ur modem... then the caps will be lowered... they cant change it untill the modem is rebooted... there is no LEGAL ro avoid this...

as for the ladcity CM, its totaly cappable, its on the older standars... my friend has the same 1, and his speeds are less then half that... also he has a 450MHz comp, but still, on his other 1, thats 900MHz, he gets smthin like 950/99...

latz
--
-AMD T-BIRD 1.2GHz -OCed to 1.344Ghz - 256Meg - 4x 32 AGP - 39.5Gig - ROGERS (*CRAP*) CABLE - XP PRO - 2000 PRO- I AM IMMORTAL, I HAVE INSIDE ME BLOOD OF KINGS, YEAH, I HAVE NO RIVAL, NO MAN CAN BE MY EQUAL

sonicool

North York, ON
oh! (-_-) !

Dark_Cobra

North York, ON
Sry, there are some spellin errors in that last msg of mine, i was out in Alliston when i wrote the msg, using my bros laptop... its a old p133... really slow and bad screen... so i couldnt really see all of wut i wrote... thou u can still understand wut i tryed to say...

btw, i forgot to say that, b/c the lancity is not docsis, the config files are going to be different... Terayon, the more common modem, also in my area its docsis... has a shared config file... that means that they only need to make 1 file for every1 on my node... all the others (motorola, rca, lancity, etc...) need a config file written for each brand... and the non-docsis are harder to control/impose the caps... the lancity CMs have been round since the start of Cable Internet... so their old, and harder to set... the config files r, apparently, more complex then a docsis modem... with the docsis standard, its a simple "Downstream: 1500 [next line down] Upstream: 192"... that wut a config file for a docsis modem looks... there are other things involve, wut hub u connect to, and other complex settings... the non-docsis 1s are more complex... thou the files are written in a simple word prossesor (ie notepad).... they can get complex... if i can find wut they look like, ill post it, if u want...

latz
--
-AMD T-BIRD 1.2GHz -OCed to 1.344Ghz - 256Meg - 4x 32 AGP - 39.5Gig - ROGERS (*CRAP*) CABLE - XP PRO - 2000 PRO- I AM IMMORTAL, I HAVE INSIDE ME BLOOD OF KINGS, YEAH, I HAVE NO RIVAL, NO MAN CAN BE MY EQUAL

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
hrm, maybe i should just keep my old terayon.... maybe they wont be able to track monthly transfers with it, hehehe... yeah right, im just dreaming.

Dark_Cobra

North York, ON
wut terayon u have TMC100 or 200??? theyll prolly be able to track u by ur IP and MAC addy... unless u find a way to keep them from tracking that... then u can avoid the cap and them watchin wut u do :):)... i have the blue 1 (200) its a great docsis based... i got it brand new, right out of the box:)... the day i got my rogers fixed, they got some new shipment of the new modems... i luckly got the guy that had some in the back of his van... its got a top speed of 45/20MBit... according to the guy that installed it... but rogers caps us @ 1500/192:(:(:(...

so ya... keep on dreaming, i wish there was a way to keep them from capping me:)...

latz
--