Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

OLDb34tBoX
Premium
join:2001-03-07

ROGERS TECH MAULED BY DOG!!!

Click for full size
HA, Okay..A Rogers tech was supposed to come to my house between 8 and 11am, so I got a call around 9:30 and a person tells me that a tech will be at my house shorty. Great!..I already have everything packed and ready to go (as you can see). The doorbell rings at 10am and a big 6'6" guy is there standing there. He says, "Hello I'm from Rogers, I'm here to steal your soul pick up your modem."
"Uh, yeah, it's upstairs, it's already packed, lemme grab it"
"Sure" he says, so I run upstairs and grab the Rogers stuff. When out of no where my dog, who is the laziest spaniel ever, slowly walks around the corner (he might have arthritis, I don't know) the guy jumps and asks at the same time, "does it bite?"
"No, it's fine!"
"Oh, because the last house I was at the person said their dog was also fine right before it attacked me."

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best thing I ever heard from a Rogers Tech.

[text was edited by author 2002-07-21 10:17:32]

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
kudos:1

LOL!!!! The Best Story I heard in a long time!!

skillton

join:2000-09-14
Scarborough, ON
reply to OLDb34tBoX

i got 2 dogs... when i cancel my rogers i'm gonna make sure the dogs are around

jbcalg
Premium
join:2001-10-08
Calgary, AB
reply to OLDb34tBoX

d@mn, you had to give the chair back too!

...hope the other dog didn't get indigestion

Dark_Cobra

join:2002-04-12
North York, ON
reply to OLDb34tBoX

HAHA, sh*t that funny...

hope the dogs r ok thou...i mean, bad meat??? wouldnt that like harm them smoe how???lol...

latz

Exit
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-04-10
Canada
reply to OLDb34tBoX

Guys the rogers tech's aren't all morons. Actually the ones that they send from some of the other companies are really great. One guy stayed at my house for like 3 hours once helping me get stuff fixed. We reinstalled the OS even. That guy was so great that I called in and gave him the biggest complement I could
--
18.98Ghz of Cancer killing power commin at yah.

OLDb34tBoX
Premium
join:2001-03-07
reply to OLDb34tBoX

Yeah, Rogers advertises their new service, it's like a 3 hour time slot thing, like they give you a 3 hour range when a tech can come over to the house and you can pick either, for example, 8, 9 or 10.

So yeah, what's this all about, their service still sucks but they'll have a technician come over whenever you want to tell you nothing is wrong.
--
"That Tommy Hilfiger pose, can't block my verbal flows" - Tachichi

Dark_Cobra

join:2002-04-12
North York, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·FreePhoneLine
reply to Exit

they guys the actualy come out to ur house are smarter and nicer then the ones that u talk to over the phone....

wanna know y?

most of them are private contractors;)
they dont work directly for rogers... most of the guys are comtrators called in to the work for rogers (lazy asses)... not sayin the guys that are called in arnt qualified.... cuz they are... more the rogers....
not all the guys that come are private contractors... but rogers finds it cheeper to have some else do their work... some of the guys do work for rogers...

u have to give them some credit thou... the come out to ur house, when u need it... and most of them will sit there and make shure that everythin is working fine...
--
-AMD T-BIRD 1.2GHz -OCed to 1.344Ghz - 256Meg - 4x 32 AGP - 39.5Gig - ROGERS (*CRAP*) CABLE - XP PRO - 2000 PRO- I AM IMMORTAL, I HAVE INSIDE ME BLOOD OF KINGS, YEAH, I HAVE NO RIVAL, NO MAN CAN BE MY EQUAL

Stetson$
It's Raining Justice In Iraq
Premium
join:2001-07-13
The Hiway
reply to Exit

said by mrspec3:
Guys the rogers tech's aren't all morons. Actually the ones that they send from some of the other companies are really great. One guy stayed at my house for like 3 hours once helping me get stuff fixed. We reinstalled the OS even. That guy was so great that I called in and gave him the biggest complement I could

Your right..They are not *ALL* morons..but the great majority are.The ones here in London are contracted and as long as they show up at the door they get their fee......Rogers could care less about the *Quality of their Service* they do'nt have any competition in many areas for Cable Internet......and take that fact to it's full advantage.......They are Leaches..Nothing More Nothing Less......:) Stet
--
SOMETIMES YA FEEL LIKE A NUT......SOMETIMES YA DO'NT!!

Stetson$
Premium
The Hiway
reply to Dark_Cobra

said by King_Cobra66:

u have to give them some credit thou... the come out to ur house, when u need it... and most of them will sit there and make shure that everythin is working fine...

This is like saying.......I want a Thank You everyday for delivering my Load...........LOL!!

These contractors get paid very well.......and whatever they do,which is usually not enough...They get paid for.

Do'nt got thinking they are doing you any favors,they are *NOT*,they are doing a job,most of the time.......Not Well Enough!.....:) Stet
--

rAfChOw
Premium
join:2001-03-19
Toronto, ON
reply to Stetson$

said by Stetson:
Your right..They are not *ALL* morons..but the great majority are.The ones here in London are contracted and as long as they show up at the door they get their fee......Rogers could care less about the *Quality of their Service* they do'nt have any competition in many areas for Cable Internet......and take that fact to it's full advantage.......They are Leaches..Nothing More Nothing Less......:) Stet

Yeah, most of them are dumb@sses but sooner or later you're going to meet a tech who knows what he's doing. It took the 5th Rogers tech to realize that my outside lines needed replacing which dramatically improved my connection and speeds. After that I basically knew what needed improvement so I didn't care what the techs told me. For example, the last tech tried convincing me that docsis is sh!tty in my area. I said I don't care just do it and after some mumbling (probably cursing at me) he gave up and did what I told him. It turns out he's so very wrong and I'm satisfied with my docsis.

I'm not sure if the techs are stupid or if they're just told what to do by Rogers to screw over their customers.

Stetson$
Premium
The Hiway

said by rAfChOw:
I'm not sure if the techs are stupid or if they're just told what to do by Rogers to screw over their customers.
The situation is like this.......When You Are The Only Game In Town.......You can pretty much call the shots.

These people at one time might have had some Principles and Morals about their Workmanship..but after being involved with the Laxidazicle Attitude at Rogers....That...(Who Really Gives a S**t* attitude)...They too have fallen to that level....I'm not saying all of them....But definately the Vast Majority of them,could'nt really give a Rat's Ass whether or not ...*They Have Solved Your Problem*.....:) Stet
--