spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

No_Style

join:2002-07-22
Canada

Connection Problems in Multiplayer Games!!!! HELP!

I have been experiencing some problems with multiplayer games. Let me give you my scenario. I would be playing SOF2 MP or RTCW MP all is fine for awhile and then BAM out of nowhere I get lag insanely or I lose my Internet Connection. I have ROGERS @HOME cable Internet. This doesn't happen unless I'm playing Multiplayer games. I can download for ages with no problem, but as soon as I play games it dies. What's the problem? I know how to fix it tho...Restarting my computer. But that's ridiculous. I have tried calling their Technical Support. But no go. Not much help from them. Help please.

--
http://www.geocities.com/real_no_style/PCProfile.txt

[text was edited by author 2002-07-22 02:11:19]

OLDb34tBoX
Premium
join:2001-03-07

Find out the servers IP address then ping it using dos prompt, ie. "c:\>ping 169.xx.xxx.xx"
or to get a ping from the IP every second, type in, "c:\>ping -t 169.xx.xxx.xx"
any problem with that, just ask me to clarify.
--
"That Tommy Hilfiger pose, can't block my verbal flows" - Tachichi

No_Style

Canada

I've pinged. I get packet losses. BUT only after I played a game. And the thing about this it's random. Sometimes I lose connection, sometimes I don't. But when I do the time of the pings average 1200 ms or so.

OLDb34tBoX
Premium
reply to No_Style

Give me the results of your line quality HERE, and a tweak test from HERE. Make sure you post the url to them here in this thread.
--

No_Style

Canada

»/quality/nil/816497

Today I just got another NIC card (A friend of mine's) Same type of card except it's slightly larger. I installed it in a different slot. Right now. I can play Multiplayer games, but not browse. THE EXACT OPPOSITE of my problem. Anyways...there's the link above. I'm amazed that I'm able to browse this site. Other sites just don't work.

No_Style

Canada

Ok..

I moved the NIC card to another slot. And reinstalled the drivers. So far everything is fine. I have yet to try MP games again.

No_Style

Canada

»/speedresults/···2/816589

Another test with the reinstalled NIC

OLDb34tBoX
Premium
reply to No_Style

Uhh, are you sure you're paying Rogers to use their service. I would call Rogers up and tell them everything you've told me.
--

No_Style

Canada
reply to No_Style

Bah. Talking to ROGERS Tech Support ppl... No use. I'm downgrading to their lite service soon anyways. Half the price. For the same speed I can reach more or less.

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

they'll charge you $50 to switch to lite service. why not try a DSl ISP in your area instead. you can get DSL service for barely more than the price of rogers basic service...almost all 1 meg DSL providers are $29.95-44.95/month, and some offer a 3 meg service for $49.95-$69.95/month.
--
...but i need those baskets back!