uniqs
share rss forum feed

elusion
Premium
join:2001-10-25
Scarborough, ON
reply to BigDaddy7

Re: Docsis modem??

Terayons work in scarborough, where in scarborough are you coming? Anyways docsis modems are better than the terayons, motorollas, lancitys, you get better pings, and sometimes better speeds, just be glad, the brands rogers offers are the RCA DCM235 and the Ericsson HM200C.They are both good modems in my opinion, but i favor the ericsson. just be a little bit happy that you are getting dociss. I think you will enjoy it.
--
In the game of Broadband, you always loose when you go the Rogers route.I'm not Canadian :P

KnightWolf

join:2002-04-12
L6T 05A
ok...ppl seem NOT to get this... there ARE terayons that are docsis... im in north york... every1 has docsis here....

i have a Terayon TCM 200 DOCSIS... when the guy installed it, he told me it was docsis... the box it came in (brand new) said docsis... and the box that rogers gave me (the Rogers box thing, with the contracts and BS in it) had docsis written on the top...

so... there are docsis terayons... and they work great... i ping fine... according to rogers... better then a lot of ppl (this guy "sounded" like he knew wut he was doing)...

and lefzfan... apparently ppl are jumpin to rogers from bell... the 5gig/month cap...
--
-AMD T-BIRD 1.2GHz -OCed to 1.344Ghz - 256Meg - 4x 32 AGP - 39.5Gig - ROGERS (*CRAP*) CABLE - XP PRO - 2000 PRO- I AM IMMORTAL, I HAVE INSIDE ME BLOOD OF KINGS, YEAH, I HAVE NO RIVAL, NO MAN CAN BE MY EQUAL

skillton

join:2000-09-14
Scarborough, ON
from what i know the tcm200 is s-cdma not docsis...
the only docsis modems teryon makes are the terajets