how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Ritz8

join:2001-10-31
Young America, MN

Forums allowed on Rogers?

Can anyone tell me if we are allowed to have forums running off our personal computer? I dont want to go throught the ToS....Thanks!

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Well, in order to run a forum, you'd need to run a webserver. And Rogers' policy is that they do not allow servers of ANY kind.

Frontrunner33

join:2002-06-20
Canada
But you might want to add that they're not enforcing this policy. I know several users at Rogers who run web- and FTP-servers... and have done so for years.
--
I sent my Sympatico HSE in a box to London. Where did you send yours?

Exit
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-04-10
Canada
said by Frontrunner:
But you might want to add that they're not enforcing this policy. I know several users at Rogers who run web- and FTP-servers... and have done so for years.

They sure are. They have been cracking down a lot in the past few months. I know of some people who have either had their service cut or have gotten a stern warning.

Steve
--
18.98Ghz of Cancer killing power commin at yah.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Frontrunner33
Well, if you don't use tons of bandwidth, and if they don't portscan you and find the open ports, you might get away with it for a while... I have a personal FTP server running, for my OWN use while away, on a non-standard port, in a very high range, they usually don't port scan that high anyway... I used to run FTP for years too, never getting any problems. But now with the crap uplink, what's the point, hehe..
--
Crunch for Team Discovery!
Also visit www.ihaterogers.ca

Frontrunner33

Canada
reply to Exit
said by mrspec3:
They sure are. They have been cracking down a lot in the past few months. I know of some people who have either had their service cut or have gotten a stern warning.
This was news to me. Well, no one have complained this far to my friends. I'll talk to my friends about what you just mentioned, and see what they have to say.
--

Frontrunner33

Canada
reply to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:
I have a personal FTP server running, for my OWN use while away...
I'm doing the same... I guess if you're not pulling a lot of traffic, they don't mind. We'll see if they give me a shout one day regarding it.
--