spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

elva lover

join:2002-05-08

kazaa

uhh.. i got a question. i can't i d/l faster than 5k off ANY1?

SlyM_

join:2002-07-19
Etobicoke, ON
Heh, thats called "port throttelling" if I'm not mistaken. It's basically your ISP screwing you over. They know which ports these programs like kazaa use and limit the bandwidth for these ports. This is because they must consider downloading things off of Kazaa a "waste" of bandwidth. Are you with Rogers? If so what area?

I am pretty sure that this is your problem and I hope this was of some use for you.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to elva lover
I use Grokster, its an app that uses the FastTrak network same like KaZaA... I can download fast if the user can doesnt limit his bandwidth and has a fast upload speed. I'm on Rogers in Scarborough.
--
Crunch for Team Discovery!
Also visit www.ihaterogers.ca

elva lover

join:2002-05-08
i'm on rogers (thus y i'm posting this in rogers forum) and in the scarborough area. i've d/led off a lot of ppl... not 1 has gone past 5k. hmm. if rogers port throttles 2... that'll reallie suk.

i also have this problem on irc. i know 4 sure that the ppl i d/l off of can send over 50k. some even over 100. but i can't seem to d/l faster than 20k... why is that? (even though speed test results show my d/l can go over 1mbit)

Seif178

join:2002-05-13
Canada
reply to elva lover
I'm using kazaa right now and i have one download running at 150 and another at 18, maybe it's just the users you're downloading from (either dial-up or bandwidth capping)

pctechguy2

join:2001-10-07
Mississauga, ON
my son uses Kazaa and can d/l consistantly at 50K+....and on my winMX i get the same 50K+

rAfChOw
Premium
join:2001-03-19
Toronto, ON
reply to elva lover
said by elva lover:
i also have this problem on irc. i know 4 sure that the ppl i d/l off of can send over 50k. some even over 100. but i can't seem to d/l faster than 20k... why is that? (even though speed test results show my d/l can go over 1mbit)
It really matters when you're downloading on IRC. Sometimes I receive at 5KB/s and I try the same bot later and my speed is at 150KB/s. Most bots are based at universities and colleges so the speed can be very wild.

Seif178

join:2002-05-13
Canada
File server on irc usually display their record cps, although they may rarely reach this speed when all their sends are occupied. You have to remember that their upload bandwidth is shared among all the people downloading from them, so even if their record is, say, 50 kB/s, split among two people he or she will only be able to send at half that speed.

skillton

join:2000-09-14
Scarborough, ON
reply to elva lover
b4 the 1/2 caps i used to download off kazaa @ 250kB/sec+
after i downloaded @ around 170kB max
i was dowloadin last nite @ around 50kB/sec avg
im in scarboro on the mtag (agincourt) hub

elusion
Premium
join:2001-10-25
Scarborough, ON
reply to elva lover
I am not having any problems with any P2P software, always getting good speeds.

mau108
Mau
Premium
join:2001-10-07
Thornhill, ON
reply to elva lover
im not having problems either
using Rogers,
Kaaza Lite getting frum 5kb to 120 kb no problem
--
...:::M.A.U.1.0.8:::...

Wizuriel9

join:2002-07-30
Toronto, ON
i'm in the GTA and have the same problem. my connections speeds suck now but are hit really hard in p2p programs (dc, kazaa, edonkey, none of them give me a better speed than 5-20kb/s downloads)

BliZZardX
Premium
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
reply to elva lover
I was downloading earlier today. Max speed I saw was 130KB/s. Hmmm...

Wizuriel9

join:2002-07-30
Toronto, ON

nm
[text was edited by author 2002-08-20 23:49:22]