share rss forum feed

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2

Rogers Found In Breach of CRTC Regs

Rogers breached CRTC regs when promoting @Home replacement. See CRTC page here.
--
Wherever You Go, There You Are...

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB
So they're not allowed to advertise their services on a channel that they own? Or provide information to their customers on changes to another part of their company? The CRTC is stupid. I cannot believe these guys take themselves so seriously. Why don't they penalize the CBC for promoting their own shows, website and radio programs incessantly? Dumb, dumb, dumb. And I don't even like Rogers or use them for any services at all!
--
cmandotca

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to DKS
While I find this extremely retarded, I am happy like a clam! I hate Rogers, at least they're getting burned by the CRTC for SOMETHING, hehehe....

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
reply to shaner
From my reading of the complaint ... If Rogers had not included promotional material in the conversion programs and ads from @home to @rogers, they would have been OK on many of the counts.

Interesting to note that on the TVGuide channel now, there are lots of ads for Sympatico HSE!

My take is that Rogers enjoys a unique position on its cable network as both broadcaster and program distributor, therefore it can overstep its mark to the exclusion of others. Seems to me that the law is both right and wrong. I would have thought that they should be permitted equal time within a 24 hour period to promote their own services as they provide advertisement time for other similar services.

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
reply to DKS
ooohhh nooooo...not the CRTC...what are they going to do...hold another meeting and talk about it some more...i say get rid of the CRTC and make it open season once and for all...customers want competitive prices??..get rid of the CRTC and we'll show you competitive prices.
--
...but i need those baskets back!

Robert
Premium
join:2002-03-11
St John'S, NL
reply to shaner
said by shaner:
And I don't even like Rogers or use them for any services at all!

Well what are you doing in here then? Your opinion doesn't count, even though it makes perfect sense and is very productive in contributing to this thread!!
--
I AM WE TODD ED SOFA KING WE TODD ED

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

1 recommendation

I'm sorry, Mein Uber-Newfie. *Hangs head in shame*

--
cmandotca

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2
reply to Robert
That's OK. I have no use for Rogers, either. Even though they are my cable supplier....
--
Wherever You Go, There You Are...