how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

BigDaddy7

join:2002-03-26
North York, ON

Pipelock?

I recently got an Ericsson modem after we moved, and I was wondering if anyone knew what the "pipeLock" button did?

elusion
Premium
join:2001-10-25
Scarborough, ON

It locks the internet activity, you won't be able to send or receive any information over the internet, I use it,when I leave my computer on, and I don't want my brother to go on the internet. lol.

Krispy1
Premium
join:2001-12-11
the stix
kudos:1
reply to BigDaddy7

When the Pipelock is engaged is effectively cuts off all communication from your modem to the computer with the exception of DHCP updates (releasing/renewing of your IP). I have an Ericsson at home myself and find this feature much easier that powering off my computer or modem when I am not physically present.

Here is a snippet from the manufacturer's site located »www.aastra.com/Products/cablemod···dex.html

"PipeLock® Security Feature
Aastra's PipeRider cable modem offers an extra layer of security with its PipeLock® technology. With one touch of a button, communication between your computer and the Internet is suspended. This provides total security for your computer when it's not in use. A second press of the button automatically restores your Internet connection."

Just remember to check this feature before you call in to complain about non-connectivity....trust me, it happens every day!