All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Mackentack
join:2002-08-19

Mackentack

An uploading problem.

Im hoping you guys can help me out with a problem i have here.

A month ago i got Rogers cable litespeed edition. Everyting was working fine at the start, till now.

I work on a website and to do that i need to upload alot of files. When i upload, it usually is very slow (about 0.4 bytes per second) and then it completely stops after about 30 seconds and i just have to abort (i waited an hour for it to transfer again but nothing happened). I thought it was the server i was uploading to, so i tried uploading to other web hosts that i have, and still the same results.

Since i am the webmaster of my site i need to transfer some important files to people. (i do this through MSN messenger or AIM). When i tried transferring files to others it was transferring at a very slow rate and usually would disconnect in seconds. Im begginnig to wonder if Rogers is the problem or it has somthing to do with my computer. So im wondering if anyone has the same problem or know the answer to it.

[text was edited by author 2002-08-19 18:48:25]

Exit

join:2001-04-10
Canada

Exit

Well lets start with this

Please run a tweak test
»/tweaks
line quality
»/linequality

Make sure you take the lines from the results that do not give out your Ip. If you need any help doing this let me know

Steve
Mackentack

Mackentack

here are my results, the tests automatically masked my IP.

»monitor.dslreports.com/t ··· a=normal

»/quali ··· l/840911

Exit

join:2001-04-10
Canada

Exit to Mackentack

to Mackentack
Oh man that is brutal. Give rogers a call and tell them your line is having some major problems. Tell them you are getting major packet loss inside and outside of their network.

I think there could also be a problem at your end. Either a bad rj45 wire or your modem has had it. That major packet loss on the last one is your computer and the #'s are really high when it comes to lost packets.

Call them and tell us how it goes.

Steve
Mackentack

Mackentack

I just tried uploading a large file to test my speed today, and for some strange reason the upload isnt stopping or anything, it just works fine.

I dont know if it has to do anything with the incident on my computer last night. Last night my computer lost a number of start up files for no apparent reason so i just used a boot disk to restore the files. After the incident the uploads seem to be working now.

strange....
Thommy67
Premium Member
join:2002-03-31
Ottawa, ON

Thommy67

Premium Member

NO apparent reason?... meaning you did not remove them yourself( or someone else removing them for you )...you could have a virus if files are being lost. I would look into it.
Mackentack

Mackentack

Thats what i suspected, the missing file was HIMEN.sys, I read about it, and it seems to happen once in awhile on a Windows 98 OS. I dont think its a virus though since i scanned my system and found no infected files.