sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook to HiVolt

Mod

to HiVolt

Re: Rogers spying?

Well, I got the Ericsson piperider CD which I put in for grins. It is only needed if you're connecting by USB port to the modem. I looked at the manuals and that was it. Nothing was loaded onto my system.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by sbrook:
Well, I got the Ericsson piperider CD which I put in for grins. It is only needed if you're connecting by USB port to the modem. I looked at the manuals and that was it. Nothing was loaded onto my system.
I was referring to their setup package, which installs a customized browser, media plugins, etc... Sorta like @Home had. I wonder any part of that install sets up the tracking daemon.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

Never got either ... I signed on just as @home was going bye bye and Rogers was implementing @rogers.com Originally I got the Terayon modem in a docsis box and power supply and ethernet cable and a bad instruction manual and a copy of the EUA and workorder, and passwords that didn't work for anything! That took some sorting out with Customer Circus!

When they swapped for a piperider, got the cables and the modem, powersupply and an Ericsson CD.

Stuart