I Live in Scarborough, and just got Lite installed TODAY

Ideas / Comments ?

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Rogers Lite is 128kbps down (16KB/sec) and 64kbps up (8KB/sec), so if anyone is downloading anything from you, your downloads will slow down drastically. If nobody is downloading from you and you still get sucky speeds, you might need to tweak your connection a bit. Post a tweak & line quality test and we'll go from there.

BliZZardX
Premium Member
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON

BliZZardX to AnnoyedGirl

Premium Member

to AnnoyedGirl
Doesn't Rogers have caps w/ Kazaa? I remember getting around 2kbps with Kazaa open when I did a speed test.

green1074
Premium Member
join:2001-10-25
Scarborough, ON

green1074 to AnnoyedGirl

Premium Member

to AnnoyedGirl
Your browsing shouldn't be slow, I have a friend who has Lite, on a p200, and the browsing is faster to him, and downloads off kazaa at like 14 kb or more.

skillton
join:2000-09-14
Scarborough, ON

skillton to AnnoyedGirl

to AnnoyedGirl
most areas of scarborough are slow... unless u got a docsis modem...
what cable modem did rogers give u and what area do u live in?

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by skillton:
Come on its not THAT slow so there wouldn't be enough bandwidth for Lite... I usually get 1100-1200kbps, sometimes in the evenings it dips to 950-1000kbps, but that's still over 100KB/sec downloads... and I'm on a Terayon.
drprat
join:2002-02-02

drprat

said by HiVolt:

Come on its not THAT slow so there wouldn't be enough bandwidth for Lite...
that may be true, but overall rogers in scarborough is pretty damn slow... i've had cable internet since shaw was around (just after they stopped using wave and switched to @home) and i've noticed the changes in speed and latency... my latency is CRAZY! 56k modems perform better than my cable line on games like counter-strike (i have high speed, NOT lite)... it's pretty pathetic...

as for, "annoyedgirl", your problem is most likely a result of people downloading off of you from kazaa... plus, if u've had rogers high speed / @home in the past the change in speed will be quite noticable... it's kind of like when u get cable/dsl for the first time, but the other way around... check to make sure kazaa is disabled for file sharing... if it is, u may just have some *real* problems =)

-drprat

skillton
Scarborough, ON

skillton to HiVolt

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:
said by skillton:
Come on its not THAT slow so there wouldn't be enough bandwidth for Lite... I usually get 1100-1200kbps, sometimes in the evenings it dips to 950-1000kbps, but that's still over 100KB/sec downloads... and I'm on a Terayon.

yes it is THAT slow.
in the areas with the motorola modems ppl usually get speeds under 500kbps and pings over 200ms

this guy i kno had rogers hi-speed (not lite) and he was getting speeds as low as like 20/30kbps and pings of 500+ ms
i know alot of ppl dat have service dats almost as bad as his was...

elva lover
join:2002-05-08

elva lover

rogers in scarbz is slow as hell. rogers in north york kicks ass. my cuzzin's rogers lite is CONSTANT 1700/320 w/ a lancity (awesome pings)! and they use an old pentium 200mhz which i lent em.

i got a piperider and i can onlie get 1300/200 max (usuallie 1100-1200/180-190)

skillton
Scarborough, ON

skillton to AnnoyedGirl

to AnnoyedGirl
the caps on the lan city are @ 3mbps/384kbps instead of 128/64... rogers is kinda stupid for givin out lan city modems with the old caps set
krobarus
join:2002-08-10
CANADA

krobarus to AnnoyedGirl

to AnnoyedGirl
why did you people sign up for lite service anyway? what a load of nonsense. rogers already has enough money going to them and you want to give them more money for nothing? absolutely nothing? some dialup internet is free and here you are paying a fat check for jack squat.

have a nice day

mau108
Mau
Premium Member
join:2001-10-07
Thornhill, ON

mau108 to AnnoyedGirl

Premium Member

to AnnoyedGirl
i have rogers normal connection with kazaa lite

was downloading at 140kb last time i saw.

green1074
Premium Member
Scarborough, ON

green1074 to AnnoyedGirl

Premium Member

to AnnoyedGirl
Rogers lite is pretty good, I have a few friends who have it, they are happy with it, the change is noticeable in webpage loading, at least in my eyes.

mau108
Mau
Premium Member
Thornhill, ON

mau108 to AnnoyedGirl

Premium Member

to AnnoyedGirl
Click for full size
no throtlling on ma side

green1074
Premium Member
Scarborough, ON

green1074 to AnnoyedGirl

Premium Member

to AnnoyedGirl
wonderful results mau.

ryguy$
He Wants That Donut
join:2002-08-21
Thornhill, ON

ryguy$ to AnnoyedGirl

to AnnoyedGirl
I have both KaZaA Lite and rogers lite,I find that Rogers Lite runs faster when people are not downloading off of you. To simply get rid of yur problem go to kazaa lite, next select where it says 'Toools' double click options, next go to 'Traffic' and check the box that says Disable Sharing With Other KaZaA users.
This may make ur interet run faster...if not get in touch with rogers and explain your probem...they may suggest something to you. But, i also beleive that Scarbrough has a weeker connection then others.
PEACE OUT!!
(o and great picture mau, too bad thats the old KaZaA Lite)

corster
Premium Member
join:2002-02-23
Oshawa, ON

corster to AnnoyedGirl

Premium Member

to AnnoyedGirl
Wow ryguy, I get you on too bbr a week ago, and now your talking like a pro . Cor.

mau108
Mau
Premium Member
Thornhill, ON

mau108 to ryguy$

Premium Member

to ryguy$
said by ryguy:
(o and great picture mau, too bad thats the old KaZaA Lite)
nope its the 1.72
kazaa lite

ryguy$
He Wants That Donut
join:2002-08-21
Thornhill, ON

ryguy$

Mau are you on a mac usually kazaa is alot lighter
PeAcE oUt!!

corster
Premium Member
join:2002-02-23
Oshawa, ON

corster to AnnoyedGirl

Premium Member

to AnnoyedGirl
ryan, it's a screenshot, they are different colours than the actual program.

mau108
Mau
Premium Member
Thornhill, ON

mau108 to AnnoyedGirl

Premium Member

to AnnoyedGirl
I also adjusted my screen brightness using because I have an ATI all in wonder card, with the ablity to increase/decrease brightness within the application (no monitor flikering)

Running Windows XP and I believe i adjusted the taskbar colors to a greyish look etc....