Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile

Time for Everyone to step up to Bat

It's all very well you know, applauding my letter (thanks! by the way!) BUT you know it's time everyone who gets bad service from Rogers took the bull by the horns, whether it's for bad cable or bad phone or bad internet service and complained to these bodies.

It's time these bodies realized what the cable operators are up to. It's all very well griping amongst ourselves here. Show John Tory and the Bell execs and whoever that there are problems here.

Document your problems when you call support. Note the support spec's name. Note the time of your call. Note the answers given. If they can't solve your problem in a timely way, or give you the run around, or give you the fix from hell (reinstall windows), then it's time to make a complaint.

Until such time as they find out the service they provide is substandard, then it will continue to be substandard.

Stuart

ryguy$
He Wants That Donut

join:2002-08-21
Thornhill, ON

Rogers techies are useless!! you call to report your not getting, let say, um, an ip address.Which I have called for b4. you call, she first says is your computer on ---no lady im sitting in my room watching a black screen & wasting my money on phone bills so i can talk to a nice lady like you ---yes! my computers on!! then she puts me to bill...bill tells me to go 2 ipconfig then do ipconfig \renew...i tried that it didn't ok he gave me the ultimate solutions..sir would you like to get rogers full (i have lite) i say no..then he says i shoud reinstal windows...what kind of stupid thing is that! That should be there slogan, " Don't Like It, Reinstall windows!"
PEACE OUT!!
~rYaN~
[text was edited by author 2002-09-03 19:27:37]

corster
Premium
join:2002-02-23
Gatineau, QC
RYGUY, ROGERS TECHIES ARE USLESS IS MY LINE.
Anyway, my connection stopped working, i got into the same situation as ryguy (but i got an ip, no internet). They told me they couldnt help. Ok........ At least I knew how to fix it.
--
First I was afraid, I had Sympatico, I kept thinking that I was gonna die, but I grew up and I got rogers and now I know, I will survive!

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
reply to sbrook
Grief ... I just realized that I lost some lines in my original message ...

You need to document your problems well and report them to replies@crtc.gc.ca if it's an issue which probably should be regulated, like chopping speed, putting on bit caps, increased price, an effect of the lopsided Terms of Service etc.

For crappy service, report your problems to comments@ctsc.ca This is the Cable Television Standards Council ... the industry organisation that is supposed to be their own regulatory body.

Since Rogers management don't seem to get the fact that lots of people are complaining about the speed cuts etc, logging your complaint with the CTSC at least means they cannot deny receiving them.