spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Uriel3

join:2001-11-26
reply to HiVolt

Re: Ughh... wacky inconsistant results...

said by HiVolt:
The thing is, when they imposed the cap, I had consistant 1200kbps+, and it just keeps getting lower and lower... Very rarely I get a result of over 1200kbps or even close to it for that matter these days. I tried tweaks but it doesnt affect anything. Off peak its the same. not much difference...
Same here HiVolt, and I'm sure we number among the many. When Roger's first imposed the caps I was getting very consistent download speeds ranging; 1100-1250dn the uploads for me has remained very good at 180-185 but as of the last three weeks or so my download speeds have been all over the place. During normal hours I now range; 930-1197 and during peak hours, evenings and weekends am now averaging; 440-860 which is very poor. I hope this is not a sign of future deterioration in service. I've tried powerful tweaks also without any noticeable differences in speeds which leads me to believe that Roger's may be manipulating or haltering the caps as per network congestion, subscriber complaints and demand.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
said by Uriel:
During normal hours I now range; 930-1197 and during peak hours, evenings and weekends am now averaging; 440-860 which is very poor.
With those kind of speeds, I'd be complaining loudly to Rogers, and if I got anyone telling me to reinstall windoze or drivers, I'd be asking for management in short order.

Uriel3

join:2001-11-26

said by sbrook:
With those kind of speeds, I'd be complaining loudly to Rogers, and if I got anyone telling me to reinstall windoze or drivers, I'd be asking for management in short order.
I can understand not always receiving a stable near capped speed of 1500/190. When the caps were at 3000/380 I was averaging around 2200-360 but why can't Roger's stabilize their nodes and lines to make it more consistent and closer to what in my case would be more acceptable say like 1200/180. For me, the evenings and weekends are the only times when the download speeds are always unusually very slow when compared to other times..
[text was edited by author 2002-09-04 11:21:04]