uniqs

Ryan
Premium Member
join:2001-03-03
Boston, MA

Ryan to jfcjrus

Premium Member

to jfcjrus

Re: Forum rules, reminder, changes, updates, ...

said by jfcjrus:
Lately, I've been reluctant to even post a question or reply due to the (and I exaggerate):
'Must we go thru this again? We covered that 2 months ago. Why are you bothering us, again, with this crap?'; attitude.

I hear ya man. I dont want to get into detail, but i knowticed this withy other forums too. Instead of people posting one on one conversations they instead post disgusted remarks and maby if there nice enough links. I feel that you should really help the person 1 on 1 with questions and then maby aditionaly add a past link for even more reffrence.

Thanks for reposting the rules

jfcjrus
Premium Member
join:2001-12-09
New England

jfcjrus to Wildcatboy

Premium Member

to Wildcatboy
said by Wildcatboy:

[snip].... this forum has somehow degenerated. Partly due to the fact that we were trying to test a gentler and more forgiving approach to moderation to see how it works and how far can people go in self moderating.

Well, that approach has to a certain degree failed in my view....[/snip]
Thank you, sir. To me, a very timely post.

Several months ago, I found this forum and received unbelievable help and advice in helping me 'secure' my pc.

Lately, I've been reluctant to even post a question or reply due to the (and I exaggerate):
'Must we go thru this again? We covered that 2 months ago. Why are you bothering us, again, with this crap?'; attitude.
(Boy, that'll slow ya down).

In the last couple of months, this forum seems like a somewhat 'advanced security' forum. If you're not a 'professional' then stop wasting our time.

But, as you said, it's your forum.
You can set it at any level of support that you like.

Just an observation, from someone that's definitely not a guru.
Regards