spc
Search similar:

uniqs

fscroggs
join:2000-07-17
Slidell, LA

fscroggs

Cannot connect with 1.37

I upgraded to 1.37 and was unable to connect at all to Bellsouth. (PPoE). Has anyone else experienced this. I went from 1.33.1 (which was the most stable for me so far to 1.37).

Any ideas

Frank Scroggs

erniecon
Premium Member
join:2000-10-16
Miami, FL

erniecon

Premium Member

Yes i upgraded 1.37 and it(the router) was having a tough tring to connect and when it did it was so slow i thought i was on 56k so i went back to 1.36. then i found a ver 1.36t and thats what i've been using for about a month now and it's better than 1.36 it stays connected alot longer.
System

to fscroggs

Anon

to fscroggs
A senior level call center manager at Linksys told me last week that they are having issues with bell south. I would call their main phone number and tell them that you want to complain. The guy I talked to was very nice. I have returned two linksys routers to amazon.com for a refund.
I live in Shreveport, so it maybe a Louisiana issue.

to fscroggs

Anon

to fscroggs
I had the Linksys router running 1.36,upgraded to 1.37 I never could get the thing to connect. I then got a replacement router from Amazon.com it would not connect at all on 1.36, however, if I let the thing timeout on 1.37, then closed the IE5.5, the router would connect.However, the status tab showed disconnected. A finally talked to a Linksys call center manager last week, he admitted that they are having trouble with Bell South. I downloaded Sygate and it works very very well with my pcs. Good luck.

CircuitBreaker
Check 'Em Ref
join:2000-09-29
San Francisco, CA

CircuitBreaker to fscroggs

to fscroggs
I upgraded to 1.37.1 and got nothing... couldn't even get at the router config pages. I went back down to 1.37 (jan 2, 2001) and it works fine again. wierd. better luck on the next update I guess.

fscroggs
join:2000-07-17
Slidell, LA

fscroggs

I'm a little suspicious of the "Bellsouth Problem". It works with an earlier version, so I'm thinking it's really a problem with this version of Linky. I'll stick with 1.35 until the next version comes out.
priordan
join:2000-10-12
Olney, MD

priordan to fscroggs

to fscroggs
I have had no problems with 1.37 (on Verizon). It has actually been a lot more stable for me then 1.36 was.

James_S
@bellsouth.net

James_S to Anon

Anon

to Anon
Any update on this ? I've been using a BEFSR11 for a couple of weeks now with firmware rev 1.23. I can't get *any* other version to work with Bellsouth *at all*. Even with 1.23 loaded this thing is barely tolerable - the only consolation now is that I only have to reboot the router two and three times a day, instead of my PC. If anyone has been able to get a firmware rev of >1.23 to work, please let me know how you did it!
Thanks,
James
Shreveport, LA
james@jamesschmidt.com