spc
uniqs

Buck Fush
Great Minds With Great Debts.
join:2001-02-24

Buck Fush to shaner

to shaner

Re: Illegal Satellite Dishes in Canada?

now, I may sound cheap, but would I really need to pay that $5 charge? How would they know that I got more than one receiver on the dish? or is it, they need to be registered just like the main one? My current receiver, the 6000(paid a lot just so that expensive HDTV was worth it, and got AC-3 support as well which I discovered just a few days ago), has this Dual LNBF converter thingy which I don't know much about and it is suppose to be for multiple tv environment. Any info on that?

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner

Premium Member

said by Buck Fush:
now, I may sound cheap, but would I really need to pay that $5 charge? How would they know that I got more than one receiver on the dish? or is it, they need to be registered just like the main one? My current receiver, the 6000(paid a lot just so that expensive HDTV was worth it, and got AC-3 support as well which I discovered just a few days ago), has this Dual LNBF converter thingy which I don't know much about and it is suppose to be for multiple tv environment. Any info on that?

The dual LMBF is to allow you to easily connect 2 receivers to your dish. Any more than 2, and you need a multiswitch. You will have to call ExpressVu to register the new receivers (everything's tracked by the R00#) just like you did for the first one. So yes, they will cahrge the $4.95. I'l admit, I don't understand the reason for this charge, but in their effort to remain competitive, Bell will charge everyhting their competitors do.