All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
lle7
join:2002-09-29

lle7

HELP! forgot IP of my 5660

I can't bring up the http router management configuration tool. I changed the IP address from the default 10.0.0.1 to something else, which I forgot. Now I can't talk to the modem anymore.
lle7

lle7

does anyone know of a way to find out the ip address of the modem. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

jfgnet
12 Step Program
Premium Member
join:2001-02-14
Limbo

jfgnet

Premium Member

If DHCP was enabled on it, it's address is your gateway address when you set your pc for DHCP instead of a static IP.

pleekmo
Triptoe Through The Tulips
Premium Member
join:2001-09-14
Manchester, CT

pleekmo to lle7

Premium Member

to lle7
If you are running Windows XP checking your network properties may give you an idea what your router's IP is.

Meanwhile you might want to see if you accidentally gave it an IP in the same IP block as your WAN address.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to find what the set of private IPs is.

Also, someone in this forum has suggested something called Angry-IP Scanner and has also suggested that checking your Netstats might help in this instance.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds to lle7

Premium Member

to lle7
Can you get to the main 5660 Management page by using this link? »speedstream.domain.invalid/

The above will always work unless you changed the Factory defaults for:

Host Name SpeedStream
Domain Name domain.invalid

Another reason to leave as many settings at their default, unless they absolutely require changing to make your 5660 work. ;);)

Regards,

Doctor Olds
lle7

lle7 to pleekmo

to pleekmo
I tried using the Angry IP scanner. I scanned both the
default ip range, and the WAN IP range. the only thing that
responded was the NIC. I appreciate the help, if you think
of something else, let me know. Thanks.
lle7

lle7 to Doctor Olds

to Doctor Olds
speedstream.domain.invalid didn't work.
Unfortunately, I got into this mess trying to enter my static ip address. Couldn't get the LAN side to talk to the WAN side. Are there any other way's to access the web interface?

Doctor Olds
Premium Member
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

Did you turn off the DHCP server in the 5660? If you did not then remove any IP info from your TCP/IP on your NIC and set it to Obain IP Automatically. Reboot, then run winipcfg.exe and press Release, then a moment later (count 30 slow) press Renew to see if the 5660 will give your PC a IP Address, Subnet and Gateway.

Regards,

Doctor Olds

pleekmo
Premium Member
Manchester, CT

pleekmo to lle7

Premium Member

to lle7
said by lle7:
[by] trying to enter my static ip address. Couldn't get the LAN side to talk to the WAN side.
In other words, you used your WAN IP, eh?

Then perhaps disconnecting your router from anything else except your NIC and then setting your NIC's TCP/IP address to xxx.xxx.xxx.002 -- where xxx.xxx.xxx is the portion of your static IP address -- might work. Or possibly setting your NIC's IP address to just above your static address (that is, xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx+1).

If you have a true 5660 with console port, you might wish to reset the thing entirely...
lle7

lle7

Hi,
I took your suggestions and after some long hours, I was able to re-establish the link to the maintenance page. Yeah.
the ethernet lan was a version of the static ip, but i reversed one of the numbers. which was why i couldn't find it. anyway, I have since changed every setting back to default. But now I can't get internet access.
Do you know how to configure the modem using a static ip?
I can't get it to work in bridge or router?

Again, many thanks.

Doctor Olds
Premium Member
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

You should "Default All" in Telnet if this is a 5260/5660 without the Serial Port and if it is a real 5660 you should reset the unit with the instructions here »www.azacamis.com/efficie ··· eset.htm to make sure you did not miss any one setting if you manually tried to reset the defaults. This is very important and should not be skipped.

When you have done one of the above resets, then you need the info from your ISP (unless you already have it or saved it) and make your Connection on this page »10.0.0.1/vc_56xx.html by picking your connection type:
quote:
To modify the WAN-side connection shown above, click on the button labelled with the type of virtual connection you want to use:

[PPP] Create a VC that uses PPP (Point-To-Point Protocol).

[1483R] Create a VC that uses 1483 (routed) encapsulation.

[1483B] Create a VC with 1483 (bridged) encapsulation with a fixed IP address.

[1483B-DHCP] Create a VC with 1483 (bridged) encapsulation using DHCP to get host configuration.

[PPTP Relay] Create a VC that uses PPTP relay configuration.

[Default] Restore the default virtual connection (PPP on VCI 0/32).
There is a Help Page here »10.0.0.1/proc_vc_rtr.html built-in the 5660 to help with the connection types.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Doctor Olds

pleekmo
Premium Member
Manchester, CT

pleekmo to lle7

Premium Member

to lle7
said by lle7:
I was able to re-establish the link to the maintenance page.
Glad you got your router working correctly. I've sometimes felt I've messed up the router good too.

Once I changed the password for the privileged mode and then forgot what it was. Fortunately, I somehow found what I'd changed it to in a document I'd saved on my computer.

Another time, I'd somehow gotten the router in such a condition that its loss-of-connection timer wouldn't time-out. So that whenever I lost my DSL connection, I had to reboot the router to get it back. This could be a big pain as I typically set an FTP program to download a Grateful Dead show and then let it run for a day or so and when I lose my connection it can take some time to re-log back into the server due to limited download slots. Finally, after much fussing, I got that issue resolved. You can cruise through my posts to find the thread involved. (I kind of hijacked another fellow's thread because we essentially had the same issues...)

One thing you can do to keep things going smoothly is to save your router configuration (»10.0.0.1/putconfig.html to save the config and »10.0.0.1/getconfig.html to retrieve the config). I believe you'll need an FTP server running on your computer in order to do this.
lle7

lle7 to Doctor Olds

to Doctor Olds
Doc,

Thanks for the info, I will try it tonight when I get home.
I'll let you know if I am successful.