Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

Any other Music P2p Programs?

A friend of Mine is looking for other music P2P Programs.. He has Tryed SongSpy, Kaazaa, Imesh, And former AudioGalaxy

what else is their out their that I can Suggest to him? I just gave him Edonkey2000 to get him out of my hair that day so I would not be bothered.. But anything else?

Joey
MVM
join:2001-09-18
Tallahassee, FL

Joey

MVM

Try »www.blubster.com/
Joey

Joey to Subaru

MVM

to Subaru
Oh and my favorite »www.shareaza.com/

ninersfan
join:2001-02-09
Hayward, CA

ninersfan to Subaru

to Subaru
WinMX is another good one, and if your friend can master the learning curve you can't beat IRC and Usenet for selection, quantity, variety and quality. Give hime links to the IRC and Newsgroup FAQs here in this forum for starters and »www.slyck.com/

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

said by ninersfan:
WinMX is another good one, and if your friend can master the learning curve you can't beat IRC and Usenet for selection, quantity, variety and quality. Give hime links to the IRC and Newsgroup FAQs here in this forum for starters and »www.slyck.com/

oh yeah forgot to add WinMx to the list of programs he tryed.. Also his really not that Computer Techncle.. So he just sticks with the programs.. No Irc or anything like that

ninersfan
join:2001-02-09
Hayward, CA

ninersfan to Subaru

to Subaru
Well, that's pretty much it that I know of for the non-technical choices. Even eDonkey and eMule which I am currently trying have some learning involved but not quite as much as IRC anyway. Other possibilities are: GNUCLEUS, Xolox
and Limewire (these are also gnutella clients) and slycks site has good descriptions here: »www.slyck.com/gnutella.html

Personally, I've never cared for gnutella but it's probably easier than irc but more difficult than KaZaA and I would doubt if you would find a better music selection anywhere than the following: 1) kazaa 2) newsgroups 3) winmx 4) irc.

With these choices he should be able to make up his own mind what he likes best anything else not mentioned is likely to have a low user base, low number of selections, buggy interface and more learning involved for something that may or may not be around long enough to justify.