Search similar:

uniqs

AbsoluteJerk
Herban Ledgend
join:2002-03-26
Portland, OR

AbsoluteJerk

BETA FW 2.03g Loses Config Settings

When you update to the BETA FW, it restores the default settings on the gateway.

Create a back-up of the config file before applying the FW update. This can be done from the Tools > System page of the WebUI. Click the Save button to back up your settings.

After applying the new FW, go back to the System page and Browse for the saved config file. Click the Load button to apply the old settings.
tkcne
join:2002-08-18

tkcne

I actually did that before i upgraded, but it gave a bad checksum error when i tried to apply the settings.

AbsoluteJerk
Herban Ledgend
join:2002-03-26
Portland, OR

AbsoluteJerk

Yeah, I just got the same thing... My bad. It works with every other version of the FW I tried. I guess that's why this its BETA.

So peeps, be aware!! You are going to lose your settings. If you've got something fancy configured, back up your settings the old fashion way, write em down...
TheXMan1
join:2002-07-05
Alabaster, AL

TheXMan1

I flashed back to my old firmware and loaded my save file and then went to each screen with config settings i wanted and saved it as a file. Then i loaded up the new firmware and used the saved files as a guide to reconfigure my rules.

JakCrow
join:2001-12-06
Palo Alto, CA

JakCrow to AbsoluteJerk

to AbsoluteJerk
I suspect that the new firmware is different enough that the previous configuration file doesn't have the appropriate framework to function correctly. I've seen this with other routers as well, so it's not much of a big deal IF the manufacturer WARNS you about it.