dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
System

Anon

Best Data CMX110 SmartOne cable modem--thoughts?

I was searching through Yahoo Shopping for cable modems and this choice came up. Does anyone have any thoughts/experiences with this modem?

I'm still considering buying the Toshiba PCX1100 cable modem because of the warranty and a replacement program that they have if it fails.

I'm just looking for a good cable modem, as I am new to this.

Anon

I take it from no response to this, that the modem I was questioning about must be bad. I found a good price while searching Yahoo Shopping and was inquiring about this.

Thanks, anyway; I am still thinking about the Toshiba PCX100 or the Motorola Surfboard SB3100.

Happy surfing!

mrbill
Premium Member
join:2001-02-13
Eastpoint, FL

mrbill

Premium Member

said by NOMO56K:
I take it from no response to this, that the modem I was questioning about must be bad. I found a good price while searching Yahoo Shopping and was inquiring about this.

Thanks, anyway; I am still thinking about the Toshiba PCX100 or the Motorola Surfboard SB3100.

Happy surfing!
I would have to ask the price range you are shopping ?
System

Anon

The Best Data modem was found for $178, and the Motorola modem was found for $229. I found the Toshiba modem for $211 as the lowest prices for the three modems.

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

djrobx

Premium Member

I have this modem. According to the cable company it has the same internals as the Toshiba PCX1100 (but who actually knows). Works great!

PS: On forums, no news is generally good news

-- Rob
System

Anon

I gave you a thumbs up, Rob. I went ahead and ordered me a Motorola Surfboard 3100 online because I saw other positive posts on Usenet and some on some other bulletin boards here; along with visiting their website. Getting ready to get RR!