spc
Search similar:

uniqs
frang6
join:2002-11-05
Westport, CT

frang6

email error message

When I try to check my email, I frequently get an error message that says "error involving domain name system -3162. The server is not responding (37:1170)" and my email doesn't get sent. Does this mean their server is busy or is it some other problem? I use Eudora on a Macintosh system 8.6.

GeekNJ
Premium Member
join:2000-09-23
Waldwick, NJ

GeekNJ

Premium Member

Never seen that error before in my life! A quick search of Google Groups turned up nothing relevant.

Maybe check in the Mac forum if none of the Mac folks here have an idea.

BTW: Welcome to DSLReports!

vrvi32
Vrvi32
join:2002-06-27
Edison, NJ

vrvi32 to frang6

to frang6
the server may be having some problems. try again later.
TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
MVM
join:2002-07-04
East Stroudsburg, PA

TheWiseGuy to frang6

MVM

to frang6
Make sure that your "From" has a valid Domain Name after the @ sign.

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV

Irish Shark to frang6

MVM

to frang6
Take a look at this »www.swcp.com/swcp-web/kb ··· w.php?87.

It says that it is a know problem with Eudora.

Bichon
MVM
join:2002-10-10
Freehold, NJ

Bichon to frang6

MVM

to frang6
I read the support article, and don't see how it applies to this person's problem.

The bug was that in very old versions of Eudora, in the situation where a Mac user with a dial-up connection to the Internet started Eudora before connecting, the program wasn't waiting long enough for the connection to come up, and was prematurely reporting an error.

First of all, this situation doesn't apply to a cable modem, which is connected to the Internet at all times. Second, the problem was fixed in version 4.2, which came out about 3 years ago. Version 5.2 is current.

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV

Irish Shark

MVM

Bichon, maybe he did not give us all the facts here. I cannot find anything about that error code except on DU. Maybe, it also applies to cable? Here is another one. There are a bunch just like this.

For a few days all worked perfectly; things were slightly slower, but Eudora had no problem accessing my mail server at Stanford. Unfortunately, I've started getting an error message now whenever I try to check my mail with
Eudora-- something to the effect of: "Error involving Domain Name System. -3162 Server is not responding. (37:1170)"